Chapter Nineteen- Escaping

Aphmau's POV
I woke up the next morning next to Malachi. He was still asleep and I smiled. I got up and went over to Logan. He was sleeping too.
"Well, good morning Sleeping Beauty." I turned around and saw Lucinda. She had a potion in her hand.
"Good morning, Lucinda. What's the potion for?" She have me a mischievous smile.
"It's our ticket out of here. The only problem is, I need someone to drink it." She said. I already knew what she wanted.
"I'll do it." I said. I walked over to her and she gave me the potion.
"Alright, this potion will temporarily turn you into a baby wolf. You will be able to fit through the bars of the cell and find the keys. Then, you can come back here, open the cells, and we can get out of here. After you do, I'll teleport us all to my home where I can heal Logan and let everyone rest up." She explained.
"That's a great plan. Alright, wish me luck!" I drank the potion and felt myself grow small. The feeling went away and I was now a baby wolf.
"Awwww, you look so cute." Lucinda said. I went over to the bars of the cell and went through them. I fit! I ran down the hallway and stopped at some keys.
"Now.... Which ones are ours?" I wondered.
I looked at all of the keys, but there were no labels on them. Suddenly, I heard noises and I hid. It was two guards, talking.
"Well, looks like we have to give the prisoners food." One said, going over to the keys and grabbing two of them.
"What? Are you stupid?! We don't open the door to give them food, they could escape or ambush us. Put the keys back and we'll slide the food through the bars." Another one said.
"Oh, you're right. Whoops." He put the keys back and made his way to where they were keeping my friends. I ran over to the keys and grabbed the two that the one wolf grabbed. Hopefully these were the right ones. I waited until the left then went back down the hall way and stopped in front of the cells. I went over to the guys' door and opened it. They all came out and looked at me.
"Um, Aphmau? Why are you a wolf?" Laurance asked.
"Potion from Lucinda." I replied. I then ran over to our cell door and opened that one. Lucinda came out with Malachi and Bigglesworth. Garroth went in and came out with Logan, Logan's arm around his shoulders. Laurance came over to help him.
"Alright, everyone ready to go?" Lucinda asked and we all nodded.
"Alright, here we go." The world suddenly became dark and I could barely breathe. Then, I landed on grass. I was on my hand and knees. I was back in human form and I was breathing heavily. I saw a hand appear in my vision and I looked up. Garroth was there, offering to help me up. I took his hand and he pulled me up. I stood up right in front of him and we were only a few inches apart. I saw his face turn red and I knew mine was too. We both looked away and took a step back.
"Um, t-thanks G-Garroth." I said.
"Y-Yeah. No p-problem." He turned around and went over to Laurance and Dante. I decided to go see how Logan was doing. I walked up the stairs and saw Logan on a bed with Lucinda near him.
"Hey Aphmau. Logan is still asleep. He should be fine in about 3 days. For now, just let him rest." Lucinda said.
"Ok, thank you so much for helping him, Lucinda." She looked up and smiled at me.
"It's no problem. This is my way of thanking you for saving Bigglesworth and helping us escape." I left after that to go see if everyone else was ok. I went over to Malachi.
"Hey Malachi." He looked at me and smiled.
"Hi.....Mom." He said, shyly.
"Awww, Malachi. You don't have to be so shy saying that." I told him.
"I know, it's just been so long since I said that. It feels weird." He said.
We talked for a while longer and then it started turning to nighttime. We set up camp outside of Lucinda's house and went to bed.

"It feels like we've been gone forever." I thought. "Hopefully we'll go back soon."