Chapter Sixteen- Dante

Aphmau's POV
I walked to the edge of the village and guess who I saw down below.

DONNA?!?!

But she wasn't alone. She was with another guy who I didn't recognize. He had blue hair and was wielding two katanas. I decided to go down to see what was going on. I ran down the hill and stopped in front of them.
"DONNA!" I screamed, happy to see her.
"LADY APHMAU!" She hugged me tight. Once she let me go, she asked,
"What are you doing here?"
"I came with Kiki to visit the wolf village. What are you doing here and where's Logan?" At that, she started crying. I led them both up to the village and to another house. I let Donna calm down before talking again.
"I'm sorry. Okay, first. This is Dante. He's a guard that just got out of guard training." She pointed to the blue haired guy. He shook my hand.
"Nice to meet you." He said.
"Same to you, Dante. My name is Aphmau, Lord of Phoenix Drop." I said.
"Good, anyway. Logan. Well, we traveled to the Southeastern Wolf Village to try and find out more about Logan's wolf form, but they weren't as friendly as these wolves. Dante here helped me escape, but Logan was too injured. We came back for him, but had to flee after they spotted us. So we decided to come see if we could find any help and, here we are." She ended.
"Wow, ok. Well, I don't think Kiki needs me right now so I can go try to save Logan if you want to rest up here, Donna." She hugged me.
"Really?! Oh my Irene. Lady Aphmau you're too sweet. Seriously." She then mumbled something that I couldn't hear and smiled afterwards.
"If you wouldn't mind, Lady Aphmau. I would like to come too." Dante said.
"Sure, that'd be great. I'm probably going to have to go back to Phoenix Drop to grab Garroth and Laurance. They'd be mad if I left without them." I said and Donna hugged me again.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best, Lord Aphmau!"
"Heh, no problem. I love helping. You stay here and rest. Dante, why don't you come with me back to my village to get my guards?" I asked him. He nodded his head. First, I went over to Kiki's house and told her I was leaving. She seemed fine with it. After that, Dante and I left on a boat and sailed back to Phoenix Drop.

We arrived a few minutes later and I docked the boat. I told Dante to follow me as we made our way through the village. I spotted Garroth and Laurance talking up ahead and I went over to them.
"Hey guys." I said and they jumped.
"Wow, you're home early! Miss us too much?" Laurance teased and I rolled my eyes.
"Ha ha. Very funny, Laurance. I actually came to tell you two something very important." They nodded and I explained the situation.
"So I was wondering if you two would like to accompany us. I know you two hate it when I go somewhere without you." I teased and they laughed.
"Heh, you're right about that. Of course we'll come. Well, I know I will anyway." Garroth said, smiling.
"Hey! I'm coming too." Laurance said. Then he muttered something to Garroth and he blushed.
"Ok then. Let's go." I said and they followed me down to the docks. We already had a boat there and it was big enough 6 people. We all got on and sailed away.

Dante told us where we needed to go and we soon made it to land. I docked the boat and we all got off, walking the rest of the way. Dante was in front, trying to remember the landscape that he saw while fleeing with Donna. I was behind him with Garroth and Laurance next to me. I turned to Garroth.
"Was it safe to leave the village with Zane still there?" I asked and he gave me a big smile.
"He's not there anymore. About an hour after you left, he came to me saying that he got a letter from O'Khasis saying that he needed to go back, immediately. He told me that he'd come back for me, but I have a bit longer to stay in Phoenix Drop." He said, still smiling. I hugged him. I was so happy he wasn't leaving yet.
"Yes! That's awesome! So that means that we have more time to think of a way to make you stay." I said, pulling away from him. I looked at him and noticed that his face was a little red. Wonder why?

We walked for about two more hours before it started getting dark.
"Maybe we should set up camp somewhere for the night." Laurance suggested. I agreed and we went over to the bottom of a large hill and set up a tent. Dante had brought a bunch of camping stuff with him. I started a campfire while the guys helped Dante with the tent and lay out the sleeping bags. It was a really big and blue tent. Perfect for 4 or 5 people. I'd packed some food before we left and we are before going to bed.
"Hopefully Logan is ok." I thought before drifting off to sleep.

Garroth's POV
When I woke up the day after Aphmau and Kiki left, I changed into my armor and went outside. I saw Laurance there, waiting for me.
"Hey Laurance. Something wrong?" I asked him. He had a weird look on his face. I'd told him what Zane told Aphmau the night of the baby shower last night.
"Yes. Something is wrong. Zane's looking for you." He said and I just stood there, saying nothing.
"Want me to go with you? You know, just in case something happens?" He offered. I shook my head.
"No. Thanks, Laurance. I'll talk to him on my own." I replied.
"But, what if he try's to take you back to O'Khasis?" He sounded worried. Laurance and I are really close. I think of HIM as my brother. Not Zane.
"If he does, promise me you'll take care of Aphmau for me?" He looked at the ground.
"Heh, don't have to tell me twice." I smiled. And headed over to where Zane was. I saw him and frowned. He looked like he was all packed and ready to go home. Well, HIS home anyway. My home is here in Phoenix Drop.
"What do you want?" I asked, harshly.
"Alright, alright. No need to be rude, big brother. You're not leaving yet. I just got a letter from father, saying that I was to head home, immediately. Be grateful that you have a few weeks left, Garroth." He said and I smiled inside.
"Why are you leaving so soon?" I wondered.
"None of your concern. For now, enjoy your last few days in this weak, little village. I'll see you soon, brother." And with that, he turned around and left. I breathed a sigh of relief and went back to tell Laurance the good news.

While I was talking to him, I heard a familiar voice call us. I turned around and saw Aphmau. She was with a blue-haired guy that I didn't recognize. She came over to us and explained the situation with Logan. Of course, I agreed to go with her, instantly. Laurance did too, but after he did he muttered to me,
"Can't let you have her all to yourself." And I felt myself blush. Hopefully Aphmau didn't notice.

Once we set up camp on the bottom of a large hill and in the tent, about to go to sleep, I thought to myself,

"I won't tell her yet. I'll just wait until the right moment."