Chapter Twenty Six- Garroth v.s. Zane

Aphmau's POV
Garroth was standing right in front of me. His sword was in his hand. He bent down and picked up my sword. He walked around the guard's body and gave it to me. I took it and, without thinking, hugged him. I felt tears falling down my face and his arms wrapped around me.
"Hey, you ok?" He asked me. I nodded.
"Y-Yeah. I'm ok, I just." I pulled away from him and his face was red. "I missed you so much."
He smiled.
"I missed you, too." He said. I then remembered that there was a battle happening and I looked away from him.
"Come on. Let's go help." I said, grabbing his arm and leading him towards the battle. We fought together and won all of our fights. I saw Laurance and Dante, protecting Nicole. I nudged Garroth and pointed to them. He nodded and we went over to them.
"Need any help?" Garroth asked, stopping a guard from slashing at Laurance.
"G-Garroth?! What are you doing here?!" Laurance asked and Garroth chuckled.
"Can we save this conversation for later, Laurance?" He asked, smiling. Laurance smiled back and went back to fighting. I went over to Nicole and slashed at a guard who tried to sneak up behind her. We stayed there for a few more minutes until we defeated the last guard who came over.
"Thank you guys. I'm so sorry for having to have you guys go through this." Nicole said.
"Hey, you're not the only one responsible for this. Don't worry about it." Garroth said, smiling. I laughed.
"Well, well. Look who decided to leave his REAL home to come fight for a weak, little village." We all turned to see none other then Zane. I heard Garroth growl at him.
"O'Khasis means nothing to me. You should just call off your guards and Shadow Knights and leave before you get hurt." Garroth said. Zane smirked.
"Garroth. We've talked about this. We both know that you'd never actually kill me. You may hurt me and talk big, but you'll never have the courage to kill me. Look at Zenix. He's still alive because you couldn't kill him. Ha! Pathetic." I saw Garroth's face get red with anger. I knew how sensitive he was when someone mentioned Zenix. He looked like he was really close to attacking Zane. I put my sword in my other hand, walked up next to him, and grabbed his hand. I saw his face get redder, but not because of anger. He let go of my hand and walked up to Zane.
"Leave now or I won't hesitate to strike you down where you stand." He threatened.
"Ohhhh, I'm soo scared. Please don't hurt me." Zane laughed after he said that and Garroth hit him with the hilt of his sword. Zane staggered back, clearly surprised that he did that. Zane got over his surprise fast and got ready to attack. They stood, staring at each other for a moment. Then, without any warning, they raced toward each other. Their swords clashed and we just watched in awe as they attacked each other. I'd never really seen Garroth fight before. He was fast and strong. It seemed that he knew exactly what he was doing. Unfortunately, Zane did too. They were both experienced fighters, I could tell. I saw Dante grab Nicole's hand and led her away from the battle. Laurance was next to me and he turned to me.
"Want to keep fighting, or just stay here?" He asked me and I looked at him.
"I don't know. I want to make sure the village is safe but, I also want to make sure Garroth is ok." I said, looking back at them.
"You stay here with him. Make sure he's ok. I'll go help the other villagers. Stay out of their way. I've seen Garroth fight." I nodded and he left. I turned my attention back to the fight. It took about 4 minutes before things started to slow down. I could tell, they were getting tired.
"Heh, getting tired already, Garroth?" Zane sneered and Garroth slashed at him again. Zane blocked it. I wanted to do something. If I didn't, Garroth would get too exhausted and would give up and then- I don't even want to think about it. I grabbed my sword and joined the fight. I blocked Zane from hitting Garroth. They both looked shocked.
"A-Aphmau?! What are you doing?!" Garroth asked.
"You need rest. Sit out, I've got this one." I said, determined. He shook his head.
"No way. I'm not letting you fight for me." He said and I smiled at him.
"Garroth, you've saved my life twice already. Please let me do this, to repay you." I said. He hesitated before backing away and sitting down against a building. He really looked exhausted. I turned my attention towards Zane.
"Awww, how cute. You're so brave to be standing up to me like this. I'm surprised. I thought you'd run away in fright and leave
your loyal guard here to die by my hand." He laughed and I punched him in the face. He stumbled back but ran towards me and attacked. I blocked. This went on for a while and I was loosing track of time. I was starting to get tired and I felt like I was about to pass out. Zane stepped towards me, noticing that I was tired. He easily threw my sword away and kicked me down to the ground. He raised his sword but just before he brought it down, Garroth jumped in front of him and tackled him to the ground. I sat up and saw them fighting, both trying to get up, but trying to keep the other one on the ground. I went over to them and since Zane was on top of Garroth and completely forgot I was there, I raised my sword. I caught Garroth's eye and he nodded at me. In just one motion, I brought the sword down on Zane's back and he howled in pain. He rolled off of Garroth and lay on the ground. Garroth sat up and looked at him. He was still alive, I didn't kill him. I just stabbed him in the place where I knew he would be paralyzed for life. Even I couldn't bring myself to kill him. Garroth looked at me and stood up. His sword was still on the ground and so was mine. It fell out of my hands once I stabbed Zane. All around us, I heard the fighting stop and I saw everyone run over to us. I looked around and saw that everyone was ok. I breathed a sigh of relief. I saw Donna and Kawaii~Chan grab Zane and bring him away. I looked at Garroth and he was staring at the ground. Then, I wondered what would happen now.

"Will Garroth and Nicole go back to O'Khasis, or will they both stay here?"