Chapter Twenty One- Relaxing Day

Aphmau's POV
I woke up the next morning in my bed. It feels so good to be back in my warm bed and not on the ground in a sleeping bag. I got up and went downstairs. Zoey was making breakfast and Levin and Malachi were playing. I smiled seeing them having fun.
"Oh! Good morning, Aphmau. Did you sleep well?" She asked. I smiled at her.
"Yeah, thanks. That trip was so long and exhausting. I'm just glad to finally be home." I said and she smiled.
"Everyone here is happy you're back too. I want you to take it easy today, ok?" She told me.
"Yeah, ok. Hopefully nothing bad happens today." I said.
We had breakfast and I left toward the village. Everything seemed to be normal, EXCEPT THE GIANT WHEAT FIELD!! The first thing I see when I walk outside is a huge wheat field the size of a football field. I walked down the steps and saw Nicole sitting in front of the wheat field. I went over to her and sat next to her.
"Hey Nicole." She looked over at me.
"Oh, hey Aphmau. Roxy and I were just enjoying the view. The wheat fields are very pretty." She looked at the fields again and I did the same.
"Yeah, they are." We talked for a few more minutes then I left to go check on the rest of the village. I saw Brian there and I ran over to him.
"Brian! Hey!" I stopped in front of him and he smiled.
"Good morning, Lady Aphmau. I see you like the new wheat fields?" He said.
"Yeah. When did that happen?" I asked and he laughed.
"Heh, well. After Zane left, everyone thought that the house that he lived in left a sour taste in their mouths. No one liked him. So, Brendon, Dad, and I decided to tear it down and make a wheat field instead. Hope you don't mind. You were gone when we decided to do it so we couldn't really get your permission." He said.
"It's fine, Brian. Don't worry. I agree. Zane's house did leave a sour taste. I'm glad you did this. It looks beautiful. Thank you." He smiled and I saw tears form in his eyes.
"Heh, thanks Aphmau. That really means a lot. Anyway, I'll be patrolling around Kawaii~Chan's house today. Come see me if you need anything." He left and I smiled. I continued walking and found Dante standing near the guard station.
"Hey Dante." He jumped at my voice.
"Oh. It's just you. Sorry, I kind of spaced out." He looked at the ground.
"Dante? Is there something you want to talk to me about?" I asked him. He shook his head.
"Nope. I'm just thinking about if I'll ever find a Lord to serve. I have a lot of flaws that I don't think any Lord would want in a guard." He sighed and an idea popped into my head.
"Dante? Would you like to be my guard?" I asked him. He turned his head to look at me. He looked surprised.
"W-WHAT?" I laughed.
"I asked you if-" I started.
"I know what you said, it's just. I didn't think a Lord would take me on so early." He said and I smiled.
"Well, you seem cool. Plus, you helped us save Logan. We'd love to have you as a guard. I'm sure Garroth and Laurance would. They seem to really like you." I said. He smiled.
"Heh, yeah. I-I would love to be a part of your guard Aph- Lord Aphmau." He said.
"Well then, welcome to the guard of Phoenix Drop, Dante." He bowed to me and I left to go tell Garroth and Laurance the news.

I soon found them in the plaza, helping Brendon clear away everything from the party last night. I called them over and they came over.
"Hey guys. I have awesome news!" I screamed.
"What's up?" Laurance asked. I smiled.
"Guess who just became a member of the Phoenix Drop guards? Dante!" They both had their eyes open and they were smiling.
"Seriously? That's amazing!" Garroth said. I giggled. His smile was so cute.
"Yeah, it is." We stood and talked for a bit until I went to check on the others. It soon became night and I went home. I went up into the boys' room and saw Malachi fast asleep. Levin was sitting on his bed, tears in his eyes. I went over to him.
"Levin? What's wrong?" I asked him and he looked at me.
"M-Mama. L-Levin had bad dream." He said and I picked him up. I took him outside and sat on a chair that was next to the door. I just sat there, holding him and trying to calm him down. He eventually fell asleep, but I was too tired to bring him in. Soon, I fell asleep too.

Garroth's POV
I'm so happy Dante a guard now. Laurance and I congratulated him once Aphmau told us the news. He seemed really happy too. Laurance and I really liked Dante. He was like a brother to us. He's a better brother than Zane.

Once it became nighttime, I went to patrol around Aphmau's house, just in case something was happening. When I got there, I saw Aphmau holding Levin on a chair. They were both fast asleep. I smiled.
"She looks so cute when she's asleep." I thought.
It was getting kinda cold out and that chair didn't look very comfortable. I quietly walked over to them and picked up Levin. I went in Aphmau's house and into the boys' room. I put Levin in his bed and went back outside. I hesitated before picking Aphmau up, bridal style, and bringing her to her room. I lay her on her bed and pulled the covers over her. I smiled. She was so beautiful. I quickly leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. I couldn't stop myself. I immediately blushed afterwards and left her house, closing the door behind me.

"Uggg, why did you do that, Garroth. Thank Irene she wasn't awake or else that would have been embarrassing."