Chapter 13

Brooklyn's POV

The sound of other people breathing in the waiting room was driving me nuts. I have no idea what's going on. But this fat, 450 pound man next to me and his snoring like breathing is making me about to break his neck.

The doctor came in through the sliding doors while looking down at his clip board, "Family of Cheree Lambert." He said looking up from his clipboard. Three of us scrambling to our feet.

We all just stated at him waiting for him to speak. Jesus and Hayley both looking like their about to break down and cry. I wouldn't have been too far behind if they had.

"She's okay. There was a car that was on the wrong side of the road, she swerved to the side and crashed into the ditch causing a mild concussion. She does have bruising and scrapes, but nothing time and a few bandaids can't fix. She did sprain her wrist. They're in the process of putting the cast on as we speak." He said, smiling a charming smile. Especially towards Jessi

"Is she awake? Can we see her?" Jessi asked concerned, ignoring the flirty look the doctor had given her.

"She is still unconscious, not from the accident but from all the morphine she demanded from the nurses." He said slightly chuckling. I giggled at picturing a demanding Cheree. Which could not have been very intimidating.

"You can come and see her though. I'm sure she would be more than happy to have you guys waiting for her." He smiled and gestured for us to follow him.

..............

As we walked in the room Cheree was admitted to. I noticed the giant bruise on her cheek. As I got closer I could see the burn Mark caused by the seat belt going from her shoulder down across her chest. I looked at her and frowned. It was hard to see her like this. My heart aching to be the one in that bed. Not her. She's too fragile.

"I know she's okay, but it could have been a lot worse." Layne stated, breathing a sigh of relief. I nodded my head at her statement. Acknowledging that this could have been way worse. What if she didn't swerve out of the way? I don't even want to imagine.

I pulled up a chair next to the bed and held her hand in mine. I laid my head on her arm and shut my eyes.

Somehow I had drifted off to sleep. I awoke to hearing her beautiful voice and Hailey giggling. I felt Cherees hand on top of my head, stroking my hair softly. I wanted to fall back asleep, but then my back reminded me of the horribly uncomfortable position I was in.

"If I was a cat, I would be purring." I sleepily grumbled. I slowly raised my head and locked eyes with beautiful blue ones. She smiled brightly at me causing me to smile just as bright.

"You were totally purring in your sleep. It was cute." Cheree said softly, smiling even brighter than before.

I looked at her adoringly and shook my head, "You're lucky you're cute." I playfully added. "How are you feeling, babe?" Her smile turned into a slight frown. "Well, I have this nagging head ache. My wrist is throbbing. But, these paid meds are on point." She smiled a goofy smile.

Just then the doctor walked in.
"Miss. Lambert?" He asked nicely. She averted her eyes from me to the doctor. "Well, you should be able to go home tomorrow. We just would like to keep you over night to monitor that slight concussion of yours. Your wrist should be healed in a couple of weeks. So please take it easy. No heavy living. We will end up giving you a weight restiction. The nurse will be here soon to give you some more of your meds. Any questions? Prescriptions and anything else will can be discussed tomorrow when we discharge you."

Cheree just shook her head no and smiled at him. He smiled back and quietly left the room.

"Since I know You're okay, and will live to see another day, I have a date with Georgi tonight. So I better get going." Hailey stated. She got up and grabbed her purse. She walked up to Cheree and kissed her forehead. "Don't scare me like that, ever again". She said sternly.

Cheree just chuckled at her and said bye. "I'm assuming Georgi is here to pick you up since I drove?" she shook her head yes and left.

"Well girls, I have to get going. I work in a couple of hours. Just a couple of flights tomorrow. I already called a taxi so don't worry about taking me home Brooklyn. I'll be back tomorrow night. Brooklyn. You're staying here tonight. She hates hospitals. I'm sure you know this?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"I was already planning on it Jessi." I said innocently.

Jessi gave Cheree a hug and a kiss and left. Leaving me with my girl.

"You scared me. Like, when they said you were in the hospital. The whole ride here... The worse possible scenarios ran through my mind. Of I lost you ever, my world would cease to exist. You, Cheree Lambert," I paused and gently held her hand, "Are my world." She just stared at me in awe. The look she used to give me when we were lovers. When we are high school lovers.

She gestured for me to come closer to her face. As I got about 12 inches away from her face. She grabbed my face and pulled me towards her. Kissing me fiercly. After the initial shock settled in, I kissed back. The kiss turned soft and tender. I pulled away slowly and smiled down at her, I kissed her nose and say back in my chair.

I'm pretty sure I had the goofiest smile on my face. I haven't felt those lips in so long. I haven't had a kiss the made my heart flutter like that I'm so long. God, I love her.

"So, you wanna go on a date or something?" She smiled a Big cheeky smile at me. Making me laugh.

"Yeah, something like that." I responded playfully back.

..........

It was now 7 in the morning. Cheree fall asleep a couple hours ago. I never fell asleep. My emotions running rampant. Happy emotions. I can still feel her lips on mine. Almost like it was our very first kiss all over again.

The door being thrown open, distacted me from my pleasant thoughts. I looked up to see a very flustered Cassidy.

"Where is she?!" She yelled. Causing Cheree to jump up in fight. She looked around the room, eyes locking with Cassidy. She squinted her eyebrows in confusion... Confusing me.

"Do I know you?" I choked on my own spot trying to hold in my laughter.

Cassidy looked mortified. And Cheree, well she deserves an Oscar.

Cassidy slowly walked up to Cheree and knelt down so they were eye level. "You have to remember". Cheree just stared blankly at her. I got up quickly and made my way to Cassidy, "Cassidy you should leave." She looked up at me with a look of disgust and looked back towards Cheree one more time before leaving hastily out the room.

The door slammed shut and I busted up laughing, almost falling to the floor. "I did not expect that".

Cheree just laughed along with me. "Me neither. It was a spur of the moment thing."