Chapter 12

Cheree POV

"Why are you kiss raping her?" Layne asked mono toned. Almost as if she was bored. I just looked at her, eyes wide. Mouth slightly ajar. "I think it would be in your best interest to say your sorry and carry on there buddy" Layne said, patting her back while giving her a sarcastic petty smile.

My eyes were still locked on Layne. Why was she even here? And why would she do that for me? As if reading my thoughts, "Cheree, I know our relationship is completely fucked right now. But, you were always my best friend, sister. I always promised I would put bitches in their place if they broke your heart after the whole Brooklyn ending." She smiled sadly at me, "I missed you, dude." I've never been able to find another friend that could give me what you and I had. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for blaming you for taking your sisters side. And.." She paused, taking a deep breath, seemingly holding in tears, "For fucking your fiance." she chuckled sadly. I chuckled at her ability to turn a shitty situation into a humorous one.

We both kind of stared at each other for a couple of seconds before I finally opened my mouth, "I'm going to say, you really really did an unforgivable act.. But, in a way I thank you. She was just a deceiving soul who I'm pretty sure cheated on me before. Again, thank you. I'm not going to be marrying a cheating bitch." I smiled at her. Relief starting to fill my body.
I feel...
Better.

She smiled sincerely at me. "So what about you and Brooke, eh." She smiled evilly, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I chuckled, looking down at the ground shaking my head. I looked back up at her and just smiled even wider. "Honestly, after all these years, I think I'm even more in love with her more than ever." I laughed almost too loud. "Seriously, ever since she's come back, this empty feeling in my chest has been filled. I just want to... Be with her. Marry her. And, have amazing passionate, dominating, love making everyday for the rest of my life. And even have little babies running around driving Brooklyn mad." I looked up towards the sky, smiling at the though.

Layne just stood there looking at me in awe. The way she used to always look at me when I went in rants.
"Cheree, I think it would be better for the world to not have the spawn of Brooklyn running around. It'd be best of they all came from your eggs." We both doubled over in laughter. We continued to laugh for another couple of minutes.

"Lets start over as besties. Start to where it was before Brooklyn. Before Cassidy. Before Georgi. When it was just us." She smiled sweetly at me. I looked around the parking lot we were still standing in And looked back at her, "I don't think that should be a problem. But, we should talk more over Coffee or dinner. Because, a parking lot is not the place to catch up on." I said smiling at Layne. I leaned in for a hug which Layne took immediately. We hugged tightly. Almost too tightly. "Jesus Layne, Small person here. Can't breathe." She chuckled at me, letting me go. "How about dinner, tonight, 8 o'clock?" She asked me, a hopeful glint in her eyes. I shook my head yes, "Sounds good. You pick me up though, bro." I added.

After we said our goodbyes, I got into my car and drove off, taking a longer way back to the house. As I drove on highway 275, I reminisced about the past couple days. How it all went from being engaged to a woman I thought I would spend forever with, to Brooklyn coming back and sweeping me off my feet, oh and of course, Layne sleeping with my cheating ex. I Just chuckled.

I felt my phone vibrate and checked to see who was calling. I saw it was Brooklyn, not even looking down for half a second, I looked back up and the last thing I remember was seeing a car coming straight at me, me swerving off into the ditch and then, darkness.

Brooklyn's POV

"Where the hell is she?!" I yelled out in frustration for the 100th time, throwing my phone across the room. I have been pacing back and forth for what seemed to be hours. "Layne said they left at the same time and Cheree was headed here. That was six hours ago." I said, biting my nails while sitting down next to Hailey on the couch.

Jessi sighed heavily, "Look Brooke. She's probably fine. She likes to take drives out if town. She may have just got lost in her thoughts." Jessi said, trying to brush it off, although her tone becoming worried.

We all sat in silence for what seemed forever before Jessi's phone went off, startling everyone. Jessi answered with a quick hello.

"Yes this is she." She listened intently to the other line. Her eyebrows started to furrow. "What hospital?" She questioned worriedly.

She hanged up the phone And gave us a look, "She's in the hospital. We need to go." She said calmly and started grabbing her things. Hailey and I shared a look. I let the news settle in and scrambled to my feet. I hurriedly got my things and ran out the door. Jessi and Hayley quickly right behind me. "She's at Saint Helena Hospital." Jessi stated calmly while getting into the passenger seat.

We didn't say a word the entire drive there. Unspoken concern. You could feel it radiating off of the 3 of us. All I know, is I have never been so terrified in my life. Brooklyn Jameson does not get terrified.

Unless it concerns my Cheree.

I think texting and talking on the phone while driving should be treated as drinking as driving. Please do not text or talk while driving. Too many lives have been lost by something so preventable.
-AC