Chapter 14

2 months later

Brooklyn POV

"Babe, get your ass going. You have 10 minutes till we need to go." Cheree impatiently stood in the bedroom door way. I rolled my eyes playfully, trying to finish up my hair. "Calm down. She made the reservation for 8. Its 7:33 babe. It takes like 6 minutes to get there." I ran my brush through my hair one final time and grabbed my phone and keys.

I'm nervous. Kinda. My new boss inviting us to dinner with her fiance'. She apparently wanted to get to know her new assistant. Me. And that meant all of me. Which includes Cheree. She apparently also has things to discuss which involves my wonderful girlfriend... Well... Kinda. We have been dating but I haven't asked her... I should probably do that. Noted.

..................

On the drive there, I couldn't help but notice Cheree kept getting antsy. I gently placed my hand on her knee. "Hey, you play?" I asked, softly. She looked at me and smiled. "Yeah, just nervous. I don't want to screw anything up for you." I smiled, "let me be the one to worry about screwing up. You have nothing to worry about." She put her small hand in nine and drive the rest of the way in silence.

When we arrived at the classy restaurant. I already spotted Gloria herself waiting for us at a very fancy table in the center of the restaurant, a blonde attractive woman sitting next to her.

The host walked us to the table, he attempted to pull the chair out for Cheree, but I kind of sorta rudely stepped in front of him and did it myself. He ran off quite fast.

As we say down Gloria greeted us immediately. "This must be Cheree. I've heard so much about you. The girl never shuts up." Cheree giggled and looked at me with an adorable smile. "What can I say, look at her." I cheekily joked. "Gloria, Cheree. Cheree, my boss Gloria." Cheese and Gloria both stuck out there arms at the same time to shake hands. "Nice to meet you Gloria." Cheree politely greeted. "You as well. You're quite the innocent looking girl. But very beautiful. This is my girlfriend, Harley. Weve been together for 5 years." She said, looking at her lovingly.

The girl was gorgeous. You could tell she wasn't very tall. Maybe a little taller than Cheree. Long blonde hair. Hazel eyes. Full pink lips. Innocent look to her. Seems we have the same taste in lovers. The innocent good girl.

"So, the food is served in three courses. First is a simple salad. Has pecans and strawberries with Raspberry dressing. Quite delicious. I promise. Main entree is their signature Chicken Fettuccine with Wine. And dessert. Which is their homemade French Silk pie." Gloria stated. I knew Cheree was salivating secretly. She loves French Silk pie. It's her favorite.

"So, I decided to arrange this for seeing as you're my personal assistant. You be done great and well exceeded my expectations this last month and a half Brooke. With that being said, next month as you know we have a huge case. One that is nationally known. A biggy basically. So before we start getting nose deep in papers and too busy to even take a shit. I thought it would be best to let you two take a vacation. And Cheree, your boss, Gail Vansky, is a great friend of mine. We discussed things. You'll both be getting a week off. How does D.C sound?" My mouth was wide open and I'm pretty sure Cheree squealed.

"I've always wanted to go to d.c. there's so much history and tourism... Brooklyn is she real?" I laughed at Cheree. I love when she gets excited.
Gloria was just smiling at Cheree as if she was her child.

"Gloria, you really didn't have to. But, thank you... So much. Means so much to me." I thanked her Whole heartidly.

...............

After dinner was over we went straight home and straight to bed. We laid in bed. Me in my tank top and underwear and Cheree in her shorts and One of my shirts. I was laying on my back. Cheree had her arm lazily draped over my torso, head on my chest, One leg thrown over mine. I gently ran my hand through her curls thinking... Deeply.

"I know I haven't really asked yet. But, you wanna officially be my girlfriend?" I whispered. I felt her chuckle slightly. "Of course." she spoke softly. I kissed the top of her head and drifted off to sleep.

She is my forever and always. I found my way back to her. Our souls one again.

Okay, so this is like.... Basically almost over. I've lost a lot of steam and motivation for this book. Many reasons why. When your inspiration is no longer... There anymore. It's difficult. But, I do have an awesome concept for my next book and I'm soooooo excited.

I was also thinking doing a one shot story. Of just adventures of Brooke and Cheree.

So let me know if you guys would like that..

Xoxo.

AC