Chapter 4

Cassidy.

How the fuck? I mean, I honestly didn't think it was her for about 5 minutes. That butch haircut does not flatter her at all... And those tattoos... How the hell does little innocent Cheree find that remotely attractive

How the hell is she even with her in the first place. That chick practically raped her all those years ago... And here they are.

Fuck it.

I angrily got out of the car and stormed to Jessi's front door. I started pounding my fist pretty consistently until I heard the door being flung open.

"Brooklyn, you need to leave" Jessi whisper shouted at me.

"No, I think I'm good actually." Smiling sarcastically.

"Hey, whose at the..." And there she was. The first time we made eye contact in four years. The first time I've seen that beautiful face.. My heart stopped and my face softened.

"Wh..what are you doing here?" She stuttered out in shock.

"Oh just back in town thought I would come and see how things were going with you and your fiance." I sarcastically replied.

She just stared at me. No expression. Nothing. Then, she frowned. "What do you want Brooklyn?" she stated confidently, folding her arms across her chest. She tried to look intimidating.

I just chuckled, "I just told you, shrimp".

"Hey babe, I found...What the hell are you doing here?" Ah there she is.

"Just announcing my presence." I gave Cassidy a threatening glare. I swiftly turned around and walked back to my car confidently.

I heard feet behind me, following me. Expecting it to be Cheree, I turned around only to come face to face with the one and only...

"I don't know what your game is Brooklyn, but you need to stay the fuck away." Cassidy calmly stated.

"We both know how this is going to end. I come back. She's mad at me for awhile. Then I slowly come back into her life... She falls for me again. I fuck her, again. Then marry her. We both know, if I never left, I would be the one that put a ring on it." I said stepping closer to her.

"But you left." she said, poking a finger to my chest, "you had your chance Brooklyn. You gave up the best thing anyone could ever have. She's mine now. And, always will be. Don't even try." With that, she walked off leaving me speechless.

She's right though. I fucked up.

Doesn't mean I cant fix it.

Cheree POV

I watched Cassidy chase after Brooklyn. Probably to claim her territory. Shit.

"Hey, you alright?" My aunt Jessi asked from behind.

I sighed and turned around facing her, "I'm fine, just tired. It's been a long week with planning the wedding. And then, that. What the hell? Did you know she was back?" I asked, sitting down exhausted.

"I did not. She showed up right before you guys got here. I told her to leave before you arrived. She must have saw you guys pull up." I sighed again and rubbed my face with my hand.

I heard the front door slam shut, notifying me Cassidy was back, and not happy. Aunt Jessi gave me a sympathetic look and slowly walked into the kitchen.

Cassidy huffed and sat down next to me. She draped her arm across my shoulders and nuzzled into me.

"You okay?" she whispered soothingly into my neck making me shiver.