Chapter 10

I was awoken to the sun light peaking through the slight crack in the blinds. I cracked my eyes open and looked down slightly to the weight holding me down on my chest. I slight smile graced my face when I saw curly locks draped over my neck and upper chest. Cheree's arm draped over my torso, her head seemingly snuggled into my chest, her leg draped over mine. She let out a slight snore, causing me to chuckle. I quickly stopped chuckling the second I felt her start to stir.

"Hmmmm, you're still a body heater." Cheree mumbled softly, half asleep. She took a deep breath and exhaled loudle. "Can we just lay like this all day?" She mumbled, again.

I chuckled and rubbed my fingers through her hair, smiling down at her. "I would love to, but I gotta pee, shorty." She chuckled slightly, "As you wish." She said dramatically, rolling over to her side, snuggling her pillow.

I chuckled once again, propping myself up on both my elbows, smiling fondly at her, "you're something else, you know that?" I whispered softly.

I made my way to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. I've changed so much in four years. Shorter blonde hair... Bags forming under my eyes from lack of sleep. Cheerleader outfits traded for some casual skinny jeans, a plaid button up and a beanie. Any traces from girly girl, are now gone. I guess you could say soft butch.

I heard Cheree's phone going off and a quiet hello. "Don't call me Cassidy. Ever. No need to talk. We are done. Wedding is off if you couldn't figure that one out on your own." She said, quite calmly. She paused briefly, "Yes, as a matter of fact, Brooklyn is here." She paused once again, I smiled at her using me to piss Cassidy off further.
"No, you don't get to say that. She may have left me with a broken heart. But, she had reasons. You, you cheated on me. Goodbye Cassidy." she was calm once again.

After I finished emptying my bladder, I exited the bathroom, and looked at Cheree, still in the same position as before. I noticed her phone was across the room on the floor. Must have thrown it after her little convo with miss MMA badass.

"You still wanna have cuddle time all day?" she asked. Shocking me a little bit. "Cause I do. I don't think I've been held or cuddled with in a week." she whispered.

I walked over to the edge bed and climbed in behind her, pressing my front to her back, wrapping my arm around her torso. I started to rub her stomach slightly with my open palm.

She sighed in content. I would always lay in bed with her and rub her stomach whenever she was stressed or was having a panic attack. It always seemed to relax her.

She sighed, "Brooklyn, I just got cheated on yesterday and you already got in my bed." I held a laugh, not knowing if she was trying to be funny or not.

"Hey now, I'm not pulling moves on you or anything. Just comforting you. Although, I wouldn't mind waking up like this everyday for the rest of my life." I said, quietly.

After laying there in silence, her breathing slowed, soft snores escaping her mouth, signaling she fell drifted back to sleep.

I closed my eyes and focused on her breathing. Trying to fall back asleep myself.

..........

I was awoken to shouting coming from downstairs. I could make out Cheree's voice as one of them. The other I couldn't quite make out.

I slowly got out of Cheree's bed and made my way down her stairs. Half way down, I Cheree shouting at a blonde girl, whose back was facing me.

I quietly made my way down the stairs, now standing just a foot away from Blonde. Layne.

"Cheree, I swear, I didn't know you guys were still together. The last couple nights we met up. When we met about a week ago, she made a move on me. I told her no, because of you. She said you guys broke up. I was still peeved at the whole situation with your sister, Georgi and you. So mixing that and me being drunk, I reacted badly. If I had known you two were still together, I never would have said yes." She said, sincerely.

Cheree chuckled, "I don't believe you. You even asked me how it feels to be in that situation." Layne groaned, "Cheree, I was fucking pissed. Scared. I didn't know how to react. So I just, tried to hurt you. I'm sorry. For everything." Layne said, choking out a sob.

Cheree just rolled her eyes. I can't believe how strong she's been acting.
"Layne, just leave. Honestly, I don't want to look at you. Not right now." Cheree looked away, I can see her tears starting to form. Her body shaking. Two early signs of one of her panic attacks.

Not wanting her to break down right here, I took a step towards Layne and put my hand on her shoulder, "It's time for you to leave." She turned around, startled. She squinted her brows in confusion. She laughed slightly. Then turned to face Cheree.

"Looks like I did both of you a favor. I knew you guys would always end up together in the end." She smiled slightly at me and walked out the door.

I looked at Cheree and opened my arms. She walked slowly into them, wrapping her arms around my waist tightly. I quickly wrapped my arms around her shoulders, holding her as close as possible. I leaned my head down, nuzzling my face into her neck and whispered, "It's okay to let go. It's just me." I placed an innocent soft kiss to her neck. I could feel her lightly shiver.

"Even after all this time, your touch still calms me like no other." She whispered softly.

After a few moments, I lifted my head slightly, brushing my lips across her cheek before gently pulling away. I held my hand out for her to take, "How about we go and finish out cuddle day?" She chuckled and took my hand, "With pleasure," she responded with a horrible accent. I laughed loudly at her attempt to a British accent. She pouted slightly, sticking out her bottom lip. I softly grabbed her bottom lip with my thumb and index finger, "Don't make that face. It's my favorite one." I said, playfully.

We both laughed and made our way up the stairs.

So, looks like things are looking good on the Brooklyn, Cheree ship. Or, is it?
-AC