Chapter 3

Hailey Lambert... The Hailey Lambert. The same Hailey Lambert that was in a coma for 3 years. The same Hailey Lambert... No.. It can't be. They wouldn't keep that for me.

But, those eyes. Those crystal blue eyes...

I stared at her for a few minutes until I heard a throat clear. I looked to the left where I noticed Lindy glaring at me.

"I think we all need to sit. Catch up a little bit." Lindy slowly stated.

We all took our seats. Lindy to my left, Angel next to Linsy. Of course Hailey right across from me. Then Georgi next to her.

I still cant stop staring at her. "Hailey, this our best friend, Brooklyn..Brooke or B. Whichever." Georgi piped up. I could have sworn I saw Hailey give me a quick glare.

"I know who she is. Seen pictures." She said, sounding uninterested in my presence.

Jesus. She even has the same voice.
But, she definitely has a bitchy presence to her. Something she never had.

Georgi sighed heavily, "Brooke, this is Cheree's sister. If you haven't figured out by the last name. She wanted to meet you, so, I asked her to tag along."
I didn't say anything. I just took in her features. Girl was about my height. Even my weight. Toned. Long blonde hair. Beautiful big crystal blue eyes. She was hot.

"Nice to finally meet the girl who broke my baby sisters heart." Hailey calmly stated.

I glared at her, then showing my signature smirk, I stated, "You obviously don't know the whole story. Shit was complicated."

"Doesn't matter, all I know is, you broke her heart. Therefore, I don't like you" she said nonchalant, shrugging her shoulders.

I sarcastically smiled and took a sip of my drink.

Easing the tension, as Lindy always does she clasped her hands together and started talking about some stupid party going on at a club tonight. I don't care to listen though.

I just space out glaring at the blonde across from me. I have to try and make nice with her. To get back to her, I have to win over her sister. She always talked so highly of her. She was so close to her.

"How is she?" I asked, interrupting Lindy.

Everyone just stared at me, looking guilty. Hiding something. I look over at Hailey who has a smirk on her face. We are too much alike... I can just tell.

She smiles devishly at me, making me mentally cringe, "Oh she's just fantastic. Engaged actually".

My heart dropped. My stomach churned. Pretty sure they could all hear my heart break in a million pieces. I looked over at Lindy who smiled sadly at me. Angel mouthed sorry and Georgi couldn't even look at me.

Great friends I have, eh?

I quickly got up and motioned for Angel and Lindy to move so I could go. Especially before I punch the blonde asshole across from me.

They didn't argue or fight me, they knew. They quickly got up and let me go.

I hastily walked out the cafe, not even glancing back. I swear I even hear Hailey chuckle at me.

I got into my car and drove. Drove where? I don't know. I just drove.

How could all of this happen to me? Why was I stupid into thinking of leaving her all those years ago. I just thought we weren't mature enough to be in a relationship together yet. We needed to grow, mature before we could give eachother what each other needed. Fuck.

................

Somehow, I found myself in front of Her old house. Parked on the other side of the street. Staring straight ahead. I doubt she lives with her Aunt anymore. Fuck it.

I got out of the car and made my way to the door. There was a black Honda Civic in the driveway. Someone has to be here.

I took a deep breath, about to knock when the door swung open, revealing a happy, wait, now confused Jessi.

"Brooklyn? Is that you?" Jessi asked, confused, squinting her eyes. Trying to see if she was imagining things.
"In the flesh." I smiled nervously.

She froze for her second, opening then closing her mouth. She pursed her lips together and motioned for me to come in.

I awkwardly walked into the house. Instinctively walking to the kitchen sitting on the bar stool. Jessi following me.

She just stood on the other side of the kitchen island looking at me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, questioningly. But, not rudely. She almost seemed relieved to see me.

"Answers I guess. I just met your other niece. . didn't seem to excited to meet me." I gave out a slight sigh

Jessi quietly giggled and rubbed the back of her neck, "Hailey is very over protective of Cheree, Brooklyn. Like, if she was here when all that stuff went down years ago, she would have made you disappear, not that it would have mattered since you did that on your own." She added the last part sternly.

"When..when did she you know.." "Wake up? Right after graduation." she sat down on the stool across from me putting her elbows up on the table, resting her chin in the palm of her hand.

This should be informative.

"Literally, right after graduation. It was the day after. I got the call from the hospital. I couldn't believe it. Cheree was in so much shock.. I though she had died from shock." she smiled sadly at the thought. "There are some things you have to know. Layne... She, she doesn't talk to Cheree anymore or this family. Hailey got very close to Georgi after awhile. He cheated on her with Hailey. When all of this happened, Cheree basically had to choose, Hailey or Layne. Of course, Cheree being her kind hearted self... Wanted both, but, Layne didn't have that. She left. She left town and transferred colleges." she paused and closed her eyes. Her face softened as she looked back at me, "Cheree is engaged. But, this girl... Something isn't right Brooklyn. She was such a good girl from the start. But, Ive noticed things. I still like you Brooklyn. You may have broken her heart...but, you did it with good intentions. I know you still love her or you wouldn't be here. I still ship the both of you." she chuckled slightly. "But, Hailey... Does not like you. I was there when Cheree told her everything. Hailey wanted to kill you. Especially when she found out you toon her innocence." she sighed then looked at the time.

"Brooklyn, I don't mean to be rude. But, Cheree will be here soon...with someone and I don't think this is the time for a reunion."

I nodded my head, "I understand. Thank you Jessi." I gave her a quick hug and let myself out.

As I got into my car, I noticed a black Escalade pull into the driveway. Curious, I waited...

I saw her get out the passenger side. Her once mid length curly brown hair, was now a long sandy blonde, curls non existent. She was much more toned than I remember. But, she still had that same ass I loved and same short height.

Then, I saw another body make their way around to her side of the vehicle.

Is that...

No fucking way.

She stood on her tippy toes and gave a quick kiss to the person...

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Who do you all think it is????

And, how about Hailey eh??