Part 34

Any further infringement of this rule and we will invade your space again and take you captive to Xanadu. Comprende?”

  “Yes,” answered With, “we understand.”

  “Adios,” said the leader who pushed a button on his wristlet to call the portal back. He spoke into his helmet microphone, “We’re off to the science fiction universe now, Captain.” They all four entered the portal again and vanished. Just before the portal was closed a wristlet was thrown through and landed on the floor. 

  Sid bobbed down and picked it up, “Someone else is trying to help us.”

Alf landed on the floor next to the castle wall just missing a gorse bush.

  Trelainne was kneeling on one knee with arrow knocked to bow.

  “Are you ready?” she asked, “Let’s go.” 

  They both started to run like the wind towards a small copse. “Hang on a minute,” said Alf, “what about trying to help the others?”

  “Others? You mean the ones that just left you in jail to rot for the night? They’ve probably already left.  Ring them later.”

  “I’m sorry Trelainne, but these guys helped me in my quest and it’s only right that I should make sure that they have left.”

  “Are you going to dominate me like that when we’re married?”

  “Only if you want me to.”

  “So how do you propose that we get back in?” she asked.

  “Let’s climb in through one of the open windows.” With that, Alf started to climb the rope.

They had finished washing Arthur and had changed his clothes, but he was still unconscious.

  “How’s he going to rescue me if he’s unconscious?” asked Arianne.

  “He doesn’t stink of goblin now so can’t you be grateful?” chelped Sid.

  “She has got a point there Sid,” said With.

  A large explosion blew two doors off of one of the rooms down the hall. With, Sid and the princess rushed down the hall to See Biggs on the floor and covered in plaster dust. “I’ve got my long term memory back,” he said while dusting himself off.

  A red faced Lee walked out, “I think I used a little too much gunpowder. Did you forget about me?”

  They all looked a bit ashamed.

  “Who’s this mandarin?” asked Arianne.

  “This is Lee, children’s entertainer, he was with me to begin with but also got captured,” explained With.

  “He looks like the marrying kind,” said Arianne, straightening her dress. “What us princesses have to do to get married.