Chapter 35 - Two New Problems

"You were away for a long time yesterday," Iapetus said. "Did you succeed?"

"Did you kill Eros?" Oceanus asked eagerly.

Kronos shrugged. "No. The fool managed to escape before I could kill him."

Iapetus raised an eyebrow. "Then what are you so pleased about?"

"Kronos!" Percy yelled, storming over to their table in the mess hall. "What the fuck was that last night?"

"Kronos?" Iapetus demanded. "You did something last night?"

"No," Kronos said hurriedly.

"Yes!" Percy exclaimed. "This massive dickhead came to the top of the tower and suddenly ki-"

Kronos slapped his hand over Percy's mouth. "Hold your tongue," he hissed. "Before I do it for you." Percy narrowed his eyes, but Kronos just smirked. "Licking my hand's not going to do anything, Percy."

Iapetus raised an eyebrow. "Since when did you call him Percy?"

"Since he-"

"Outside, Kronos snapped, scrambling to his feet and grabbing Percy by the arm to drag the demigod after him. "Now."

The demigods, Titans and monsters watched them pass by, but Kronos ignored them. The Titan pulled Percy into an enclave once they'd exited the mess hall. "Refrain from shouting it out to the entirety of Othrys, Percy Jackson."

Percy crossed his arms over his chest. "Can you at least tell me what the Tartarus that was last night?" he demanded.

Kronos frowned, glancing up to see if anyone was watching before replying. "This?" he asked, taking a step towards Percy so they were only inches away from each other.

Percy's eyes narrowed. "Yeah. Exactly that."

"And... this?" Kronos asked, leaning down, but stopping less than an inch from Percy.

The demigod swallowed. "Ye – yeah. That too."

Kronos smirked. "I make you flustered. I can heard your heartbeat, Perseus, it's ridiculously fast. Like it's about to take off. You're aware of me at all times – last night proved that."

Percy sucked in a sharp breath, trying to steady himself. "Wha – what does that have to do with anything?"

"It's not just that," Kronos murmured. He reached out, his fingers ghosting down the side of Percy's face and tracing one of the scars. "But my touch too."

"Maybe that's because you were torturing me," Percy said, his voice subdued.

Kronos smirked. "I don't think so," he said.

Percy's jaw twitched. "Really? What makes you think I like you?"

"I had it confirmed by Eros," Kronos stated. "He said 'your feelings aren't unrequited'."

Percy swallowed nervously, his green eyes staring into Kronos'. "Yeah? Well maybe he's wrong."

"Then swear it," Kronos smirked, shifting so his mouth was by Percy's ear. "Swear that you don't like me and I'll stop."

"I swear on the river Styx that I don't love-" the words died in Percy's throat, and try as he might he couldn't get them out.

Kronos smirked triumphantly. "Told you," he hummed, his mouth moving to trail down Percy's neck.

Percy's eyes widened, and then he shoved Kronos away. "Screw you," he snapped.

Kronos was completely unfazed and chuckled. "I thought that was the point."