Chapter 28 - An Old Friend

Iapetus shuddered as he felt Hyperion cast from Othrys. Across the room, Krios flinched as he remembered Kronos' anger. The last person he'd done that to had been Rhea, and she still hadn't returned – though the Titans were suspecting that was from her own choice.

Iapetus frowned as he looked at the bile on the floor – Perseus had thrown up again, and in Kronos' chambers. Iapetus winced as he thought of Kronos' reaction, especially if Kronos was still angry. He could sense the Titan approaching, his anger washing over everything in Othrys. Iapetus took a deep breath to clear his head before crouching beside the demigod.

"Perseus, does it hurt?" He asked uneasily as he studied the burnt bicep.

Percy mutely shook his head, his lips pressed tight together as he swallowed to try and get rid of the taste of sick in his mouth. Iapetus grimaced and strode into the adjourning bathroom, summoning a cup from the cookhouse on the first floor of Othrys – he knew the cooks wouldn't mind, they were used to having several things disappearing throughout the day. Iapetus quickly filled it up with clean water and handed it to Percy when he re-entered to room.

"Drink," Iapetus ordered as he crouched in front of him. Percy numbly reached out for the cup, his hand shaking from the shock of what had just happened.

"We have to heal him," Krios spoke up from where he was leaning against one of the walls.

Iapetus grimaced. "And what if Kronos doesn't want him healed?"

Krios scowled at him. "The kid may not be in pain, but that makes it worse. Not better."

"You think I don't know that?" Iapetus growled. "I am the Titan of pain, Krios."

Krios sighed. "I'm only trying to help. We've got to do something."

"And risk having Kronos even more angry?" Iapetus asked already shaking his head. "I'm not going to risk it. He's not in pain. We can leave him be for now."

Krios tensed as the door opened and Kronos stepped in. Percy almost dropped the cup in his nervousness. Kronos nodded to Krios and Iapetus as a rare sign of thank you before heading straight to Percy. He crouched in front of Percy who avoiding looking at him and glanced briefly at the burn covering Percy's bicep before turning his attention to the cut on the demigod's face.

He moved Percy's head to the side with a finger, Percy immediately doing what he wanted, shivering slightly at Kronos' touch. Kronos studied the cut for several moments before turning back to the burn. Anger flickered briefly in Kronos' dark golden eyes, and then he moved one hand so it was hovering above the burn.

His eyebrows furrowed slightly, and a faint golden glow emanated from his hand, bathing Percy's arm in warmth. As Percy watched, the burn started healing from the point closest to the bone. The charred look of his bone faded and muscle, tendon healed seamlessly back together.

He faltered when he realised that as soon as his nerves healed it would hurt a lot, and Iapetus placed his hand on Percy's shoulder. Percy felt like there was a barrier between the pain and his senses. He could feel it was there, but it didn't affect him.

Kronos stood up once he had finished, leaving Percy's arm blemish free, but the cut still on his face sending ichor dripping onto the floor. The Titan looked down at Percy for several moments before turning to Iapetus. "I trust you will be able to keep anyone else from harming him again without my permission?"

Iapetus' eyes widened slightly, then a small smile formed on his face and he nodded. "Of course, my Lord."

"Krios, due to Hyperion's actions I am in need of a new General to work alongside Atlas. Since you are the only other Titan that wasn't encouraging Hyperion, you will take up the position," Kronos stated.