Chapter 13 - The Risen Dead

"Can I ask what that was back there?" Leo asked after several minutes of walking in silence.

Percy shrugged, kicking a loose rock across the ground. "You can."

"And will you answer?" Leo frowned slightly.

"Depends on how you phrase the question," Percy hummed.

"Right," Leo nodded, "so, what the bloody Hades was that?" He demanded, his voice rising to a strained yelled. "I'm not sure if you all know what happened back there, because I sure as Tartarus do not!"

Percy huffed, "Ask Nico. He knows."

Nico blinked, suddenly realising that Percy had heard the conversation between him and Iapetus, which meant he knew he was going to be going insane soon after exiting Tartarus, and yet he was still wanting to leave. "Uh, yes. Percy was turned immortal, as you've all figured out by now. Fully immortal, not half-immortal like us, but no one can just be an immortal and not have a title or domain. So Percy's either going to be a god or a... Titan. It depends on what immortal he spends most time around."

Leo shifted, suddenly nervous that he'd asked to know. "And he's been around only Titans for centuries," he murmured.

Percy kept his gaze focused ahead of them as he walked. "By my calculations, I'm about eighty five percent Titan, fifteen percent demigod at the moment, so I'm actually quite eager to be around the gods."

"What does that mean?" Hazel asked, "If you're mostly Titan?"

Percy sighed, his eyes flickering over to Jason who was carrying an unconscious Piper, "The one I was around the most was Lord Kronos, so I've got knock-offs of his abilities. It's actually pretty cool, once you get past the idea that he used to play with mortal's lives by changing time for them. I can release the burst of power that I used back then, but it takes quite a bit out of me, because I use my own energy." Percy paused slightly, contemplating on whether or not he should tell them the rest. He decided not to. "That's all I know about now, I may find that more abilities have rubbed off on me, but I doubt it."

"So you aren't going to suddenly disappear or anything, right?" Leo asked, "Because then we'll be down here on our own with Titans chasing after us."

"I can vapour travel," Percy shrugged, "but that's nothing to do with the Titan abilities."

"Percy, why do you think Tartarus wanted us to bring Annabeth with us?" Thalia asked, "What's he going to do?"

Percy winced slightly, "Honesty? I don't know. As far as I'm aware Tartarus can't raise the dead."

Clarisse narrowed her eyes. "Do you even care that she's dead?" The daughter of war demanded, "Because you're acting too callous about her death."

Percy clenched his jaw, but otherwise ignored her as he sped up slightly. "We're nearing the House of Night. Stay on the path if you don't want to die."

"Wait – what?" Hazel asked. "Why would we die if we go off the path?"

Percy held his hand above the wisps of black smoke on either side of the path as he continued walking. After a few seconds the demigods saw the spiky back of a reptilian creature slither through the smoke towards them.

Nico let out a short curse, "Percy! What are you doing?"

Percy grinned, "You did ask." The monster surfaced above the smoke beside them, its poisonous green eyes flicking to look at each of the demigods.

"What is that?" Jason asked warily.

"Colchian drakon," Percy explained, "the one that originally guarded the Gold Fleece in Ares' sacred grove at Kolkhis."