Chapter 20 - Capture the Flag Becomes Lethal

*Time skip – 1 year, 4 months*

"Have you heard? The whole of Williamsburg Bridge was destroyed!"

Percy was pretty sure that was the only thing he heard the whole morning, and he was starting to think everyone was saying the same thing just to get on his nerves. So what if the American states were going frantic about the apparent terrorist attack? He had his own problems to deal with.

"Are you ready for capture the flag tonight?" Darren was asking from the across the table.

Percy shrugged. "The same as all the others, I guess."

"Who're we playing with?" Darren asked curiously. "Is it Athena cabin?"

Percy rolled his eyes. "Duh. Who else would we be allying with?"

Darren grinned. "Awesome. Who else?"

"Uh... Ares, Hermes, Hypnos, Demeter, Iris, Nemesis, Hades, and the twins."

"This is gonna be so cool," Darren muttered as he ate his lunch.

Percy hummed. "Hopefully we won't get our flag taken."

Darren nodded. "Yeah, that wouldn't be that good."

"Ready for the afternoon?" Percy asked with a grin as he stood up.

Darren nodded. "I guess I have to be, don't I?"

"That's the spirit," Percy smirked as he jogged out of the pavilion to get to the arena and start his session with the immortal campers.

"What's your plan for tonight?" Jason asked, grinning from ear to ear as soon as they arrived. "Are you gonna use your freaky powers over the Pit?"

Percy sniffed. "You know how dangerous that is for me, Jason. King can sense it."

Jason shrugged. "Hey, you gotta make risks sometimes, right?"

"Not when they're about him," Percy scowled. "Haven't I told you all you've got to play safe with him?" The immortal campers all nodded, and Percy smiled slightly. "Pair up. Annabeth, you're with me."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow as she made her way to a few feet opposite Percy. "Any particular reason you wanted to fight me?"

Percy shrugged as he readied Tsunami, lifting the silver sword in front of him. "Does there have to be? What if I just wanted to fight you?"

Annabeth laughed as she blocked Percy's attack. "Come on, Seaweed Brain."

"Okay, I wanted to check up on the twins," Percy admitted.

"Because they're in our Capture the Flag team?" Annabeth asked as she slashed towards his legs in a feint and flicked her wrist to direct the drakon bone up towards her waist.

Percy frowned and spun to the side, easily batting away the attack with Tsunami and bringing Riptide up to Annabeth's chest. "Because I brought them here to camp and haven't seen them in an least a week. I want to know how they're doing."

Annabeth eyed the bronze blade pointing at her chest. "They're progressing quickly," she said as Percy withdrew the blade. "Almost too quickly. It's incredible, their Titan blood's giving them better and faster instincts and reactions than ours. Their strength is unmatched, and in their chosen weapons they've progressed amazingly quickly."

Percy's eyebrows furrowed. "They're not science experiments, Annabeth."

"I know that, Seaweed Brain, but it's giving us all a chance to see exactly what the difference is between the gods and the Titans."