Chapter 24 - The First Battle

"I can't sense or see them in Australia," Apollo said, and Athena nodded, marking a cross over Australia.

"Anyone else?" She asked as she looked around the council. "They're not in India or any other Asian country, and now we're sure they're not in Australia."

"I checked France," Aphrodite said helpfully. "They're not there either."

"Hephaestus can you, Apollo, and Hermes scour Africa for any sign of the Titans?" Zeus asked.

Hephaestus nodded. "Of course."

"What if they're blocking their presences?" Artemis asked. "We won't find them unless we're within metres of them if they are."

"They'll slip up eventually," Hera said confidently. "And we have eyes on Othrys in case the Titans decide to pay the place a visit. We'll be prepared for them coming."

"You've been saying that for the last few days, Hera," Poseidon snapped. "They're not going to hide somewhere we'll find them easily, and you know that."

"We will find them, Poseidon," Hestia promised. "Don't worry."

"Nine days," Poseidon said as he stared at the holographic map of earth which hung in the middle of the throne room. "It's been nine days. How is Kronos able to stay hidden for nine days? I'd have thought he'd have destroyed something by now that would've alerted us to him."

Hermes summoned his caduceus to his hand in mobile phone form, George and Martha curling around the antenna as he turned his attention to the screen. "Obviously he's trying to lay low," Artemis said calmly. "But we'll find him. The Titans aren't exactly inconspicuous."

"You're right," Hermes announced. "There's a category five hurricane over Miami, Poseidon. I thought you liked Miami?"

Poseidon narrowed his eyes. "I do. That's not me."

Hermes grinned and summoned a screen of mist in the middle of the council with a wave of his hand, showing them what he'd looked up on the internet. Along the west coast of Miami a hurricane was sweeping up houses and cars and causing general chaos. "According to the mortal news," Hermes said, "it just appeared out at sea only ten miles off the coast." He pulled up another screen. "And this. Wild fires in Thessaly. Near the original Olympus and Othrys."

"Are they near the Acropolis?" Zeus asked worriedly.

Hermes shook his head. "No. They've got pretty close, but they're skirting around it."

Zeus relaxed slightly. "That tells us the Titans don't want to destroy our roots," he mused.

Ares snorted. "They want to draw it out and get their hands dirty. The complete opposite to Gaea's tactic. They'll be letting us wear down our resources trying to seek them out and they're probably hiding out of our reach, or under our noses."

Athena stared at him for several seconds before smiling slightly. "I forgot you can sometimes be smart. You act so stupid all of the time."

Ares scowled at her. "This is to do with war. Of course I know what I'm talking about."

"It's merely a surprise," Athena said with a slight smirk. "And my domain is wisdom – I think I know more than-"

"Hold on," Hermes suddenly said, and Athena frowned at him. Hermes turned to Zeus, his eyes showing clear worry. "A large group of monsters have been spotted near the borders of Camp Half-Blood. The campers are preparing to defend. I just had a prayer from Annabeth."

Zeus nodded slightly, not looking too concerned at the thought of the force of monsters. "The campers will deal with it," he said dismissively. "We have to find the Titans before much more time passes."