Chapter 33 - Revelations and Sack of Rome

Start from the beginning

"If she returns," Iapetus said with a roll of his eyes.

"She will eventually," Kronos insisted. "And I'll happily watch her writhe in pain in front of me before I drive Backbiter into that black heart of hers."

"But you can't do it to Perseus," Iapetus noted.

"I never said that," Kronos retorted.

Iapetus sighed. "I know you, brother. You might think you can do it, but you can't. You won't be able to when it comes to the moment. You'll stop yourself."

Kronos groaned as he turned over, burying his face into the cover of the bed. "Why has this happened?" he asked Iapetus, his voice muffled by the sheets.

Iapetus shrugged. "I'd guess it's been developing for a long time. You did nearly spent three centuries with him. Maybe you just got used to his constant presence." He paused slightly. "What are you doing?" he demanded incredulously.

Kronos muttered a few curses in the Old Tongue under his breath, most of them directed at the Primordial Eros as he rolled over and stood up. He caught Iapetus' slightly shocked gaze and ran a hand through his hair. "It smelt of the sea."

Iapetus covered his mouth in an attempt at smothering the laugh that threatened to come out and Kronos glowered at him. "It's not funny," he protested.

"What were you doing in the nights if he was right beside you?"

"Not what you're thinking," Kronos said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Iapetus smirked. "I'm guessing you're going to be keeping away from him? Or killing him?"

"I still need him," Kronos mumbled. "So I'll be staying on opposite sides of Othrys to him." Kronos strode to the door to his room. "Oh, and Iapetus?" Iapetus raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell anyone about this."

"Luke, Silena, and Beckendorf already know." Iapetus grinned.

Kronos sighed. "Great." He rested his hand on the door. "Inform the army we're raiding Camp Jupiter in retaliation for the recent attack from the gods. It's time we took California completely out of the gods' hands."

Iapetus' mirth fell. "Camp Jupiter?" he exclaimed.

"Of course, I'll be leading the attack," Kronos continued as if Iapetus hadn't spoken.

"You just want something to distract you," Iapetus accused.

"And a battle seems to always to that rather well," Kronos hummed. "Now go."

Iapetus scowled at him, but slipped past him out the door.

Kronos shut the door behind him and turned to look around the room. He would not allow himself to continue liking the demigod – he'd stay away from him. Kronos took several pairs of clothes out of the closet and cleared the desk of his maps and plans as he flashed the suits of armour and weapons scattered around the room into another room down the corridor. Kronos left the door ajar as he strode out and into the new room he'd be using.

How didn't he realise it before? Why he'd been so lenient with the kid. If his siblings and the other Titans found out... there'd be an uproar. And likely a rebellion from some. He didn't want to deal with all that and the war with the gods, and keeping an eye on the Primordials. His ichor ran cold – Gaea. She had to have an idea of what was going on between Kronos and Perseus, though Kronos himself still barely believed it. He knew what she'd do if something interfered with her plans, she'd stop it – and in this case that meant she'd kill Percy. Despite what he'd told Iapetus, he didn't think he'd actually be able to kill the kid – which irritated him beyond belief, because he was Kronos and he could destroy whole continents without batting an eye, but when it came down to Percy Jackson... he was suddenly reluctant. It was completely ridiculous. Kronos decided he'd hunt for Eros next and completely ignore his plans for his father who he knew was very gradually reforming in Chicago, in the Windy City.