Masquerade Ball

**Wednesday

        I laid awake all morning thinking about how I felt toward Legolas, I've been having these feelings towards him but what I'm scared of it that there is no proof that we were in love before. What if people were lying about me and him getting married and the truth was me and Haldir would get married. I still felt torn.

But Legolas have been making me feel things that I never felt before.

I was interrupted by a knock at the door, I quickly got out of bed to comb my hair and I called out "Come in!" but to my strange disappointment it wasn't who I thought it was, my mother and Lesly came inside with wide grins plastered on their faces.

"Disappointed now are we?" Lesly asked as she went straight to my bathroom. "What are you talking about?" I asked. My mom grinned and said "We knew you were expecting Prince Legolas but unfortunately you won't be seeing him till dinner time." Somehow my heart felt heavy at this news not sure if bad or good. "Why?" I asked trying my best not to sound hurt or disappointed or any sign telling them that I miss his presence.

"There will be a masquerade ball tonight, orders by Legolas." Lesly said, I smiled at this knowing how classic Legolas is. I love the classic. "Okay! Then what are you doing so early in my room then?" I asked, as I took off my sleeping gown to reveal only a see through chemise. "To get you ready." they both said in unison. My eyes widen knowing exactly what this means. I tried to run but before I could run, them both grabbed my arm and started to drag me towards the bathroom.

Before they could bring me inside of the bathroom, I held on both walls of the bathroom door and started shouting "NEVER! You shall not take me alive!" and started screaming and then the next thing that happened feared me to the bone. My bedroom door swung open quickly revealing Legolas standing at the door ready to draw his daggers. But that wasn't the worst part, I was still in my see through chemise and both my arms and legs were spread out since I was holding on both sides of the door walls. I screamed as Legolas looked at me in embarrassment. I then let go of the walls to cover my body and fell inside of the bathroom bringing my mother and Lesly along with me on the floor and both of them burst out laughing because of what just happened. I sat there with my hands over my body and my face was pure red from embarrassment and when I saw Legolas leave the door, I swore he smirked. Jerk.

Hours and hours of getting ready, Lesly and my mother were practically done right before dinner. It took a long time but it was worth it since they made me look absolutely amazing! A part of my hair was braided while the rest of my curly hair was let lose, swaying and tickling my chest. They put a beautiful circlet made out of sparkling mithril and diamonds and with my golden gown and golden mask that they made for me,

(Displayed on the side)

I took one more look in the mirror and didn't recognize the person looking back in the mirror, my mother came behind me and put her hands on my shoulders and said "You look stunning." You get that feeling where you feel like you're swimming in a river that's about to meet a waterfall.

And you're trying your best to swim away from that waterfall but no matter what you do you will always fail and sooner or later you'll be falling. But at the same time you just love the feeling of falling off that waterfall. That's how I felt towards Legolas, I felt no matter what I do or say I can never deny these feelings I have for him. He's becoming a person who plays an important role in my life. Here I look into the mirror and I can't see myself truly without him by my side. I can't see a future without Legolas by my side, friend or lover, I want him in my life to stay forever.

"You ready?" my mother asked, I snorted at her and said "What do think this is, my wedding?" "I wish it was." my mother said as she went outside the door with Lesly but I stop them before they could leave for good until dinner. "Naneth! Leslyanna!" I called out, both of them stopped and turned around. "Thank you guys! I love you!" "Aww.. I love you too Ana!" Lesly said as she pulled me into a hug then left, my mom looked at me with an adoring smile. She came forward and cupped my face with both of her hands. "You have grown into a young beautiful elleth. Your father would have been so proud of you. Before we didn't get along as well, but ever since I had lost you once, *she started to cry* I knew that I should have been there for you and stood beside your choices instead of going against them and making you do things you don't wish to do. I'm sorry my dear Anastasia! I love you!" she said as she pulled me in a loving embrace.