Out of politeness.

"Ana, I know you can't remember any of this even me... but I wanted to ask but was too scared that you will reject." Legolas said making my heart beat as fast as it could, "Would you at least give me a chance to show you my love?" he asked as he placed his right hand right on my necklace making it glow a bright color green. My eyes widen and I quickly asked "How did you make it do that?" Legolas looked at the necklace like it was the most normal thing ever. 

"I can't tell you... but will you promise to give me a chance?" he asked putting his forehead against mine and I didn't pull back. I smiled and said "Yes Legolas." he smiled even wider and kissed my forehead "Good night Meleth nin." he said as he left making me blush.

I touched my necklace and looked at it to see that it was back to normal, how did he do that? Did he have powers? I wanted to to know.

-----------------------------------

*The next day*

It was the day the rest of Mirkwood would arrive and the night where we celebrate Arwen's begetting day. I woke up to see Legolas' bed empty. As I got ready for the day I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I called out, I looked up to see Haldir carrying a basket. "Good Morning Lady Ana." he greeted me with his killer smile. "Good Morning Lord Haldir." I replied back as I brushed my hair.

"Would you do me the honors in joining a picnic with me?" he asked, for some reason dread filled my body. I liked Haldir like a crush in a sort of way so why am I feeling this way when I should feel the opposite?

I smiled and said "I would be honored." Ignoring the dreading feeling inside me. I was holding his arm as we walked through the gardens "How's your stay so far?" Haldir asked. "It's been wonderful." I said. "That's good! Because it's about to get better." he said arrogantly. I snorted at his comment and he chuckled.

We then found a good place to picnic, "Tell me haldir, do we have any memories from before? You know... You and me?" I asked, he smiled and said "Of course we do! When we were kids you would always pinch my cheeks telling me how cute I am because I was a chubby elfling before." I giggled at that comment. "We didn't do that much before you were always with Legolas but there was one time you got lost in the forest and sprained your ankle, I found you and carried you in my arms." he said.

"Oh.." was all I could say, I felt disappointed. "So did any elleth caught your heart while I was gone?" I asked as I laid my head on his lap, making him tense. "Actually no, I focused on my job." he said as he played with my hair. "Busy man I see, what do you like in a elleth?" I asked. "Well.. I like a girl who can cook, fight and do work like some elleths do. She must be the opposite of me though, not arrogant." he said.

Yes! I got all the traits that he likes in an elleth. "How about you Ana?" Haldir asked. "Hmm.. I like a guy who is strong and brave. Who can protect me even though I know how to fight. Who is noble and loves me no matter what. Who would take on the world just to be with me. Who would cuddle with me all night just to make me feel safe. He would know how to act to any of my attitudes. Who knows how to play with me and not always be serious.... who would want to be with me forever." I said as I looked at Haldir's deep grey eyes. He smiled and laughed. "What?" I asked, wondering if I accidentally said his name or something stupid because I got so caught up imagining what I like in a guy because for some reason I could picture him out.

"You just described someone." he said as he was still laughing but in his eyes you could see that he was sad. "You?" I asked trying to heat things up but what he said made things awkward "No, Legolas." he said, oh... I thought about it long and hard. "Oh.. I guess I did." was the last thing I said before we both stood up to go back to get ready for the grand ball of Arwen's begetting day.