|twenty-three|

><Aphmau><

"Shut up!" I shoved him playfully, a look of fake-hurt coming across his face.

"Is it so wrong for a man to crave mashed potatoes?"

"I know what you're up to, Ro'Meave, and I don't like it," I pointed a finger at him accusingly.

"You know you do," he grinned, watching redness spread across my face.

"SomaybeIdo," I mumbled to myself.

"What was that?" He craned his neck and faced his ear towards my face.

I spoke slower, but still in a mumble, "So maybe I do."

"It's our one-month anniversary, let's enjoy it. Besides, it's natural for a couple to tease each other."

"True~," I sang song, "But if you take me out for dinner, I'll let you tease me all you want."

"That's a great reward," Garroth raised an eyebrow, his eyes searching my face for a loophole.

"But," I grinned, "You have to take me to my favorite restaurant."

"Easy. Get ready and I'll see you down in the lobby in an hour."

I left Garroth's hotel room and walked to the next two rooms over where my room was located, shared with Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan like always.

The two girls were out for a stroll around the foreign region. We were staying in the capital of Tu'La for three days, having a two day break and performing on the third night. Between that time, Garroth and I had been working on a project.

I quickly changed out of my black pajama shorts and purple sweatshirt into a fleece mid-thigh length gray pleated dress with a white Peter Pan collar and 3/4 sleeves. I quickly put on my black heeled ankle-boots.

I sat looking out of the window, pushing makeup off to the last minute. The traffic was busy outside, the evening full of the sound of people leaving their jobs or people going to night-shifts.

The air was starting to grow crisp as autumn approached. Days were getting shorter, but it was a pleasant feeling. The tour was growing to a close, leaving two months left of shows, those including the remaining shows of the Tu'La region.

I finally got up from the seat by the window and went into the bathroom, where my makeup bag already sat open against the mirror. I merely did concealer and eyeliner, not giving an effort on my appearance.

I hummed the new song Garroth and I held as the final step to letting the public know. Alex had known for a few weeks from the present day, and the memory of letting her know was still imprinted in my mind like a thumbprint.

"I don't know how she'll react," I said nervously, peering around the corner at Alex sitting on an armchair in the hotel lobby.

Garroth squeezed my hand assuringly, pulling my gaze back towards him, "She said she was over it, remember?"

"Yeah... I remember..."

"Then she'll probably be fine with it."

I lagged behind as Garroth basically dragged me towards Alex, who looked up with a raised eyebrow. I turned towards her, tripping in my words, "Hey, Alex. We just wanted to—uh—tell you that..."

"You and Garroth are a couple? Yeah, I know."

"Y-you do?!"

"Yeah. I'm fine. As long as we can still be friends, Garroth, I'm not uncomfortable," she exchanged glances with us, then Garroth nodded.

"Of course. Hey, since we're free today, we were going to go bowling with a few of the others. Want to come with?"

"Sure," she stood up and tossed her book into her backpack, following us to a group of people, those including Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan.

Sure, it had gone better than I had expected, but I still was anxious acting as a regular couple in front of her. Irene forbid she would show what was going on inside her mind.

I grabbed a black clutch from the bag of new clothing I had bought yesterday and my keys, leaving the hotel room for the lobby. I found Garroth sitting in the corner waiting for me. He stood up when he saw me and reached for my hand. I leaned my head upwards and pecked his cheek, "Let's see how well you know me."

And it turns out, he knows me perfectly well.