|sixteen|

><Aphmau><

"C'mon, everybody! We've got to leave for Falconclaw as soon as we can!" Nicole yelled out, beckoning Alex, Garroth, and myself onto the tour bus. We were quickly followed by Sasha, Nicole, and Dante.

We sat at the back of the tour bus, escaping the summer heat of July and lounging on the rounded sofas.

"How have the songs come along?" Sasha asked once the bus began to move, Dante being the one driving it.

"Pretty well," I answered simply, gazing out of the windows at the moving streets blowing by like a breeze.

"'You alright, Aph?" Nicole whispered to me, nudging my shoulder.

"Fine," I replied, lying straight through my teeth. Truth be told, my emotions seemed to be playing with me for a while. Events had happened in the past months leading up to the tour that turned the tables of all feeling I possessed.

"We'll talk later. I know for a fact everything is not fine," Nicole said, turning away to talk business with Sasha.

I stood from my spot on the sofa and walked into the corridor of the bus where our beds, preferably bunks, were positioned. I crawled into my bunk and stared at the top of the bed, drawing the curtains to a close.

At first, I was fine with the fact that Garroth and Alex had begun a relationship, but further into that relationship, I had grown envious.

I didn't want to admit it to anyone, but I was pressured into telling Katelyn, who sensed my change of emotion and wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.

I had continued to talk with Garroth for the time being, but seeing as he was happy with Alex didn't help with the fact that I was jealous and wished I were the one in that relationship.

But after all the jealousy, I was beginning to feel my feelings subside. The deeper into my thoughts, I realized it was a silly phase I was going through. I didn't need a man to make me happy. After Laurence and Jeffory, I should know better than to put my life into the hands of someone else.

I should forget my old feelings for Garroth and only view him as a friend and nothing else. I don't want to hurt somebody with what I thought were serious feelings when they were really my mind messing with my heart.

I climbed out of my bunk and to the front of the bus, where Dante was driving through the crowded streets of the neighboring city to Scaleswind.

"How much further?" I asked him, knowing it had only been ten minutes until we had left the studio.

"Roughly thirty minutes. Why do you wish to know?"

I shrugged, "I'm just impatient. Plus, I want to see the stage where we'll be performing."

I stepped back towards the back lounge where the others were. I took a deep breath and strode in, confident and determined to make my life how it was before Alex and Garroth's relationship.