|five|

><Aphmau><

I hummed along with my own song playing over the stereo in my living room. I was looking over the song that Garroth and I were rehearsing. It was in the midst of its final stage, only needing a small amount of fine-tuning. If somebody wanted my own opinion, I would say we made good partners.

I put the sheet containing the music away and walked upstairs to my bedroom, then to my closet, picking out my clothes for tomorrow's concert. The crew and I all left in the early morning, and since Garroth and I still had small progress on the song left, we had to finish it up on the way over in the van.

I packed a purple tank top with a leather jacket and black high-waisted skinny jeans, so I could tuck the tank top in, and finished off the outfit with my combat boots. I never went all out with my clothing, really I only wanted to have a fashion choice of classy casual. It was my style.

I could still hear the music from downstairs and went down to listen to the rest of my playlist. The house was peaceful, since the boys were at school and Zoey was away with family. I enjoyed the alone time, then felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Laurence: Change of plans. Leaving tonight at 9:00 if that's okay with you.

Aphmau: What occurred?

Laurence: The manager and staff of the concert hall are being uncooperative. Let's leave it that. Get in touch with Garroth and your other friends for me, love.

Aphmau: Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

I sighed and created a group chat with Garroth, Katelyn, and Kawaii~Chan.

Aphmau: Slight change of plans. We leave at 9:00 tonight. Katelyn, could you come pick me up later?

Garroth: Oh, okay. Thanks.

Katelyn: Sure.

Kawaii~Chan: Pick Kawaii~Chan up, too, Katelyn~Sama!

I didn't expect Garroth to question the anonymous numbers. After the three weeks of us planning out the song together, I learned that he tried to avoid questioning too many things.

I grabbed the sheet music and brought it up to my bedroom, then started packing up rehearsal clothing, the outfit I had set out, and some of my makeup and hair products. I then folded up the music and put it in my bag.

I looked at the time on my phone, 2:17. Having to leave to pick up the boys soon, I grabbed my bag and started walking. It was always a routine to me to walk to a private school down the street, mainly for the suburban neighborhood that I lived in. Levin attended the preschool that was connected to the school where Malachi, a first grader, was in.

Nobody was out on the streets, except for the occasional person driving down the asphalt or riding their bikes. I continued walking further until a large two-story building came into sight. I sat on a bench in front of the building for the remaining fifteen minutes, scrolling through my social media as cars and other parents/guardians arrived for their own kids.

My social media notifications were mainly made up of comments about the concert tomorrow, or how they were "pumped" for my new album. Then there were comments about if I were in a relationship or not. I answered that question plenty of times with a flat out "no." Though some people were oblivious.

Once 2:45 rolled around, and buses came and went, the final bell rang and kids came flooding out of the school to meet their parents standing around or waiting in cars. A few moments later, Malachi ran up to me and hugged me around the neck. "I got my report card back!"

I smiled and took the paper from his hands, reading through it, "Great job, Malachi! I'm proud of you!" I wasn't surprised to see the range of As. Malachi was always a star student. "Come on, let's go get your brother."

His hand matched onto mine as we ventured down the sidewalk and towards the preschool. I could already see the toddlers and small children in line, waiting for their parents or guardians. Once we approached, I walked over to Donna, the caretaker, "Please tell me Levin was well behaved."

She nodded. "Cheerful as always. Although, he did bicker with another boy about an Enki action figure. All handled, though," she smiled and called Levin over, who tackled my legs in a tight hug.

"See you Wednesday, Levin," Donna waved goodbye as we walked down the sidewalk back towards the neighborhood. I held Levin in one arm and gripped Malachi's hand in the other. These boys meant so much to me.

After the walk back, I settled the boys down for a nap and laid down on the couch myself, staring at the ceiling and enjoying the quiet, still air.

~~~

This was pretty much a filler for you guys. Nothing much occurred here.

Thanks for reading! Mwah!
~Tara