|twelve|

><Aphmau><

"Levin, Malachi, come on down!" I called up the staircase as Garroth stepped into my house.

"Make yourself at home," I told Garroth as I plopped down on my recliner in the corner.

He sat down on the couch, and we merely looked down in silence, waiting for the boys to come downstairs.

Eventually the pounding footsteps came down the stairs and their giggles broke the chilly silence.

"Mama!" Levin giggled, running over to me, Malachi being a shy mess whilst standing at the edge of the staircase.

"Come on, Malachi. Boys, this is Garroth. He's a good friend of mine," Malachi waved nervously as Levin gave his signature giggle and ran over to Garroth.

Levin hugged his legs, Garroth sitting there awkwardly. Malachi spoke up, "He looks like Levin, Mom. Only older."

I nodded, "I guessed that, too." I looked back over at Levin, who had let go of Garroth's legs and was sitting on the far end of the couch, reaching for one of his books sitting on the coffee table in front of him.

After minutes of sitting there and finally getting Malachi to spark up a conversation with Garroth, I invited him to visit the neighborhood park with us. The walk was short, mainly Garroth and I talking while the boys were a few paces ahead of us, laughing as they kicked rocks and jumped over the cracks in the sidewalk.

"Don't step on a crack, boys!" I called out to them, laughing, "I don't want a broken back!"

The greenery of the park came into view, and I led the boys to the playground before taking my spot on a bench, sitting under a tree that cast shade beneath it.

"I must admit, when you said Levin looked like me, I didn't think it'd be such a freakishly close resemblance," Garroth spoke, watching as Malachi pushed Levin on the swing set.

"I told you," I singsonged, "But yeah, you do look a lot alike. Malachi seems to like you, though. It usually takes much longer for him to say more than 'hello' to somebody."

He shrugged, "He already seems like a good kid."

I nodded, "He is. I'm not afraid to say that as a mother, since he does so good in school and has a sweet personality."

"You're raising them well."

I looked at Garroth and smiled, "Thanks." I twiddled with my thumbs, continuing to watch the two little boys play.

"Any new songs?" I asked him after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"I've finally finished the song I've been working on for ages now, and just started work on another song."

"Good pace."

I looked at my hands awkwardly and thought about how the only things we really talked about were our careers and whatever was currently happening. It was hard for me to bring up somewhat different topics with people, but for an odd reason, it seemed to be more difficult with Garroth.

No, the voice in the back of my head said, you told him about something dear to you.

"My brothers are coming to town. Vylad... he's a big fan of yours. He's wanted to meet you terribly bad since he found out about us performing together."

"I would love to meet him!"

"Great! Zane doesn't care. As long as all three of them can take a break from O'Khasis, they should be happy, though."

"When do they get here?"

He shrugged, "They're still planning out the date to get a flight here. I'm having to pick them up from the airport when they arrive."

"Well, I'd enjoy getting to know your family, considering you've said that you come from an interesting one," I grinned over at him, "Well, best be heading back. It's about the boys' nap time anyways."

I stood up and called the boys over, then all four of us began to walk down the sidewalk once more.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" I asked Garroth once he was starting to leave.

He smiled, "Okay."