Chapter 21

Amazing trailer on side is by Killikal thank you so much!! I love it!! [Update- I don't think she's on wattpad anymore but I still had to include the trailer. My first ever trailer for any book]

****

He was standing there, right in front of me. 

We can go inside. Eliza tells me. 

I haven't seen him in years, not the last time he had tried to come into the village. 

"He's standing outside again." Eliza moves away from the curtain. "I can hear him. He wants to talk to you." She says and I shrug my shoulders. 

"I don't want to talk to him. Tell him to leave me alone and when I'm ready, I will talk to him then."

That was the end of it. I never went back there. Not to get my clothes, or anything. I bought new ones, and everyone was willing to give them to me free when they realised who I was but no. I had started a bakery and I was selling anything I made. People came from around the world when they realised the queen was working. 

Dad told me that the Queen never worked. Her money would come from the other packs around the world in order for her to protect them with her magic. I told Dad I still wanted to work. The Bakery had no name till this day but it was beautiful from the inside and people loved everything I made them. 

"It's nice to see you again," Alec pulls me out of my thoughts as he holds his hand out. 

I smile, like a Queen would, as I place my hand in his. Sparks. I could feel them slightly as if they were trying to be more persistent. He had not accepted the rejection. 

Alec leans down and kisses my hand softly, his eyes never leaving mine. 

I know we're not supposed to like him but he is a 11 out of 10. Amanda swoons in my mind and I bite my lip to stop laughing as Eliza whacks her on the arm telling her to shut up. 

"It's nice to meet you too." I smile at him genuinely. 

Whatever had between us was the past. I was at a dark point in my life and with him I could not swim up. I was drowning. 

Now you control the water. Ava chuckles to me as I smile. Alec let's go of my hand as I stand up slowly. 

"I must use the bathroom. Excuse me," I say to him as he nods his head in a bow. 

I turn around to walk away from him. 

"See you tomorrow?" He calls out to me as I reach the door with Eliza and Amanda beside me.

I look over my shoulder to look at him as he smirks at me. Tomorrow at the dance. 

"See you tomorrow." I nod my head at him as the doors open and I walk inside. The moment they shut, I let out a deep breath. 

"What. Was. That." Eliza gaps at me as I stretch my arms out in front of me. 

"That was Alec."I answer her, confused. 

"I could feel the tensions from another world!" She exclaims. 

"Eli," Oli walks towards her as he wraps his arms around her from behind and rests his head on her shoulder. "Deep breathes baby." He hums into her ear and she sighs against him, blushing a little. 

"Time for us to go." I pull Amanda away from them as Oli laughs at us. 

"Time for me to sleep." Amanda mumbles. "Can we meet later for a sleepover in your room? I'll bring the food." She pouts at me and I nod my head as I head towards the stairs.