Chapter 13

Continues from the other chapter. 

"Alec is cursed." Liam says as he rests against the stage. "It's a really long story," he sighs as I walk forward. 

"Tell me." I ask them as I sit opposite them all on the chair. 

Nat starts to tell me the truth. "Alec has been cursed by a man called James. He was a Warlock that your mom killed," she says and I frown wondering why all of this mattered." Before Alec could ask him for a loophole of the curse, James died. It was when Alec's curse activated. Anna has been helping him every day. She uses her magic to help him, but the moment he noticed you-" she sighs, "it puts a clock on the curse. He has a month before the curse takes his life."

"Why does he have it?" I ask,  confused. 

Did he do something terrible? 

"It's a long story and I think he should explain that to you," Nat says and I frown. 

"Just tell her," Cam mutters and Nat looks at him. 

"You tell her. I don't want Alec to get angry at me if word gets out." She rolls her eyes at him. 

If word gets out. She doesn't trust me. 

"Alec's mom cheated on her mate- Alec's dad, with James. His dad found out and killed his mom. When James found out, he cursed their child which was Alec. He cursed him to die the first month he saw his mate unless she marked him and as you can tell…" Cam drifts off. 

"Alec doesn't want me." I finish his sentence off and he nods. 

"We should all go home." Liam says to us. 

I don't answer him back as we all follow him to the car outside. 

Alec was cursed. He would die in a month's time. Why didn't he tell me? He doesn't want a mate. 

****

"Cameron!" I call out his name in the darkness. 

"He is not here, babygirl," a voice crawls out behind me and I turn around quickly, taking steps back. 

"You can't run from me," the man chuckles as I pull on the door handle. 

"I will kill you if you lay a hand on her!" I hear Miles voice behind the door. 

"Miles miles!" I call out his name as I turn around and try to pull on the door. "Get me out of here! Please!" I plead to him. 

I feel a hand wrap around my neck and push my face into the door. I scream as the door rattles, and I hear Miles groaning on the other side, cursing. 

"You will always be below us," the man whispers into my ear, his hands trailing under my robe. 

"Miles!" I cry out to him. 

Please let go 

I hold in a scream as I feel the man push my face against the door, and kick my feet out wide. No no no. 

"Let…" Miles curses as I hear someone hurt him. "Her...go.." he wheezes out, coughing. "Please," I hear his broken voice. 

"Look at what you're doing, hurting everyone around you," the man whispers into my ear as one of his hands rests against my hips. 

"Stop!" I scream at him as he pulls on my robe. 

"Emily!"

"Emily!"