Chapter 17

It was a beautiful day today. The sun was shining brightly outside. 

"Let's take some food with us. We can have our first date?" Alec holds a brown basket in front of himself. 

I smile and nod my head. "Okay." 

We were going to see the castle. He said he wanted to show me something in the Castle. A key that belonged to my parents and a crown the queen had worn. 

I was going to tell my parents today about everything. They were visiting me and wanted to check up on me. Dad said he had enough of the no mindlink between us and he was going to accept me back into his pack. I would be accepted there and my mindlink would open with my family. Alec had not talked about accepting me into his pack. 

He had left me alone yesterday and I had sat down and read through the book about the Royals. It had all their traditions and vows and speeches written in it. The crown ceremony was beautiful. 

The Queen would walk up the stairs in front of the whole world. She would smile and wave and she would sit on the throne in front of them all. They would happily chant her name as the members of her court asked her to recite the vows to her kingdom. She would say her promises and a crown would be placed on her head. The world would erupt with cheers and happiness. 

I wanted that. 

"My dad gave me the key to the castle though it was useless to me," Alec says as we walk further into the forest. "I hid it safely inside the castle. You can take it now." He smiles at me and I nod. 

"What time are my parents coming?" I ask him as we walk over a broken tree. 

"They said they will be here in the next few hours." He answers and I nod. 

I was going to show them the castle. Miles as well. They would see it. I would show them around and ask them to move in with me. 

Last night I had decided I was going to move into the castle. I had told Alec yet because he was trying so hard lately to be better to me. It didn't feel right though. It felt strange but he was giving it a go and I didn't want to hurt him. 

I nod my head just as Alec freezes. I stop myself from running into him. 

"They're under attack. Rogues." Alec whispers as he drops the basket of food and turns to me. 

"I can get us there faster." I say to him before he even can mention shifting. 

I hold his hand tightly and flash us through the forest and right outside the house. 

It was a bloodbath and I could hear the wolves around us. Laughing and saying they would take her back. Me

"Get inside!" Alec pulls me through the house and towards the living room. I try to pull my hand away from his as he pulls out a book and the bookshelf opens up to a silver steel door. He opens the door and stares at me. 

"Get inside." He points and I realise it's the safe house. People stare at me. 

"I can help-" before I can finish my sentence, Alec pushes me inside muttering how he was going to keep me safe. I watch him slam the door shut and silence fills the safe house. 

Minutes fly by silently. 

"Isn't she his mate?" 

"Our luna? She's supposed to protect us." 

"They're here for her. I heard them say it. We haven't even talked to her yet. We should give her to them." 

"I heard she got raped."