Chapter 9

I wake up to a dark new room. I frown as I sit up and look around to see Alec sleeping on the couch.

I was in his bed. I quickly climb out of his bed. My body feels a little weak. Food. I needed energy. I had no idea how I had gotten here but I did not care.

I woke up with a clearer mind. I stare at the bed. Don't fix it. Don't fix it. Don't care.

I walk towards the door.

"Go back to bed. It's really early." I hear his voice as he mumbles to me.

"No." I say and I smile at myself.

It was easy saying the word.

"Fine. Close the door behind yourself," he mutters and I hear him getting up from the couch and walking to the bed.

I don't reply to him as I walk out of the room and close the door behind him. I walk towards the room that I am staying in. I look at the suitcases and bags filled with my clothes. I needed to clean everything.

I close the door behind myself and walk towards the window, noticing the darkness outside. It was only four am in the morning. I can organize my closet and have a shower then go downstairs to help Stella and Noah in the kitchen. Maybe they could teach me how to cook better.

***

I pull down on my blue dress a little as I smile at myself in the mirror. I was going to be positive today.

You look beautiful. Ava tells me. The dress was sleeveless and perfect for the weather. It was short, just above my knees as well but it was comfortable. It was flowy and you could not see the marks on my stomach. I did not need to hide them.

I apply a light nude colour lipstick and mascara to my face. Done.

I leave my hair down as I slide my feet into some blue flats as I walk out of my room. I had finished organizing my closet in ten minutes with the help of magic. I had opened the suitcases and lifted all the clothes in the air. The dresses went first, then the jumpsuits, and shorts and shirts. The lingerie went last along with the shoes.

I walk out of the room, noticing the time. It is half five in the morning. I still had plenty of time.

I walk downstairs and head straight to the kitchen with a smile on my face. I push open the door to see Alec standing there, cooking.

I stop as he looks up at me and he flips the pancake. I turn around to walk out of the kitchen.

"You don't have to leave. Come and sit down, I don't bite." He calls out to me before I can disappear.

You can do this. He's not a mate. He's just a guy like Liam and Cam and Miles.

I walk inside the kitchen and make myself comfortable on the chair. "Where are Noah and Stella?" I ask him as he places a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"They've gone shopping. They needed some supplies," he tells me as he sits opposite me with his own plate of pancakes. He hands me a knife and fork and I thank him as I nod. I start to eat the pancakes slowly and they taste amazingly soft.

I don't tell him that though as I silently eat.

"Do you wake up early in the morning?" He questions.

"I like to help Stella and Noah." I answer him.

I see him nod as he pours me a glass of orange juice and puts it next to me. I thank him and drink it.

"About yesterday, I wan-" the door opens and I look up to see Anna walking inside. She frowns for a second too long but I don't look at her as I carry on eating.