Chapter 14

[Warning. Sexual and suicidal content below. I'm being serious guys, if you can't read anything like this, please step away. Maybe jump to the next chapter.]

I was standing in a clearing. I look around to see the never ending lines of trees surround me but no one else. 

"Boo!" Someone whispers in my ear and I turn around quickly, as I see Alec standing there. His eyes were black. Chase. 

"You scared me." I take a step back. 

"No no no baby don't be scared of me." He puts his hands up quickly and takes a few steps away from me. "I would never hurt you." He smiles at me. 

"Chase?" I question and he grins widely. 

"That's right," he winks at me. 

"What am I doing here?" I ask, looking around as he moves closer to me slowly, very slowly. 

"You're dreaming about me," he chuckles and I frown as I look up at him. 

"I am?" 

Chase moves closer to me as he reaches his hand out. I don't move as he pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I wanted to distract you. You seemed sad, Ava said." He smiles as he rests his hand against my cheek. "Don't ever be sad, Emily. I am always in here," he points to his heart. 

When a wolf had a soulmate and the moment they met, it was not only an instant attraction to the human side of us, but the wolf or vampire side of us as well. They could talk through our minds and we would not even know about it. Maybe Ava had fallen in love with Chase because he was the sweetest. 

"I'm not sad,"I say to him and he frowns. 

"Well I am here to cheer you up. You and I will be spending time together until you wake up. So what do you want to do?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. 

"I-" I had no idea what to do. 

"How about you talk to me? Tell me how you feel about the other prick," he sits down on the ground and pats the side next to him. 

I smile as I sit next to him and let out a deep sigh. "I'm disappointed in how he could do that to me again. I thought yesterday was a good day for us but he wants to break the mate bond." I say to him honestly. 

Chase sighs. "Alec has had it tough and it's no excuse but he needs to learn to trust you. He doesn't trust you yet and I think you have to work on it." He shrugs his shoulders. 

But that is the problem. Why do I have to work on it? He doesn't want me, and why am I holding onto a crush? Why do I think he would be my prince? My knight in shining armour? My soulmate that would help me heal when he doesn't want that.

"Oh no I can feel you waking up," Chase says suddenly.

I turn to look at him.

"Love you rosey," he blows me a kiss just as he disappears. 

I open my eyes to see I am laying in my own bed. I smile thinking about how sweet Chase was but the memories of yesterday float back in my mind. I had fainted in the library no matter how hard I tried to push through the pain. 

How did I get back home? 

I sit up in bed and look towards the clock. It read Friday and it was morning. 

Friday. 

I did not need the pain today. Not today. 

I climb out of bed and quickly get dressed in a pair of jeans since it was a little windy outside and a black long sleeved top. Today was going to be different.