Chapter 1 Work, Work, Work

We were on the couch and his arms were wrapped around me holding me close. I felt so safe like nothing could ever happen as long as I was here in his arms. Suddenly darkness rose from the ground seeming to swallow him whole and ripping him from my grasp. Then I remembered what happened. I was totally alone. He was screaming and yelling. I couldn't hear what he was saying and I was blinded by light. I woke up screaming. It was a year ago today when it happened. The nightmares haven't stopped since. I rolled over to where he used to sleep and whispered "I miss you" before standing up and getting ready for work.
You see... He couldn't take the stress. One night I came home and he was lying on the bed with a empty capsule of prescription drugs ... He was stone cold. I cried and cried. Still do but I must keep going... I put on my uniform. The apron was still a bit messy from yesterday but oh well. I turned on the radio and ' I Wouldn't Mind' Came on... I sang along thinking of him. His dark hair and the way it falls perfectly around his eyes... I could stare all day. His glasses just made him look 10x better. His jawline was perfection. His arms were buff looking... He was a very attractive individual. His stomach was flat with visible lines of where his abs will be. But enough with the depressing describing. Our apt. we used to own is going south. Im having trouble paying these bills... My part time job is not enough. I don't want to lose it.  We tried so hard to get this house. I wont lose it now. Ive been working hard and saving money. But even with all that. Im just making it pay check to pay check. Roman Noodles and toast is my breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Fancy right? Anyway my job is at the local diner. I come home with ketchup stains, coffee stains and pockets full of napkins. Its two dollars an hour plus tips... So on a horrible average 40$ a day... Terrible pay. 
                         *After work*
     I groaned and walked over to te kitchen to boil a pot of water. And then walked over to my room taking off my uniform and putting on my pjs. I put a bag of noodles in the pot and cooked it. I quickly ate it shortly after. I decided to call it a day and go to sleep...