twenty-eight

last chapter!!!!!!!

tyler pov

everything feels wrong. ever since that night in the forest, everything that felt right, now feels wrong. being in joshs arms, blurryface, even living. i don't feel safe with josh anymore. blurryface is taking over my body and i can't do anything to stop him. he keeps whispering to me at night, showing me images from that night, and it keeps me up. he takes everything i love from me, why'd i think it would be different with josh? hes going to take him with no mercy before i get a chance to tell him.

i'm sorry josh.

•••
josh pov

"hey josh?"

we are in our room, watching a movie, and tyler has his head on my chest and it all feels right. i smile slightly at his voice and respond, "yeah ty?"

"u-um, i'm going to get some popcorn.." his voice cracked and he trailed off at the end. i chose to ignore it and nodded. he got up and i continued to watch the movie.

15 minutes had gone by and i saw tyler walk in with a large kitchen knife and watery eyes.

"uh, tyler, what is that knife for?" i asked pointing to the knife. he sniffled and met my gaze.

"i'm so sorry josh." i was confused until tyler put the knife up and walked towards me.

"tyler! no, what-what are you doing?" a tear slid down my cheek out of realization of the situation and fear.

"hes making me, i can't stop it. please, josh. i really hope you forgive me after this. i-i... i love y-you." he was arm distance away and i started pleading.

"tyler, tyler, baby, please, no!! this isn't you, its not you, its blurryface! tyler i lo-" i feel a cool metal slam into my neck, and everything around me goes dark.

•••
tyler pov

fuck, fuck, fuck. no, no, no...

"what have you done?" i scream to my head.

"why did you do this?" i start clawing and ripping at my skin.

"you love to hurt everything i love, don't you? why? why?" i scream louder every time.

"you didn't even let me say goodbye!" i look at the bloody knife on the ground and reach for it.

"never bother me again." i whisper to myself.

i don't even think twice before i stab the knife into my chest.

•••

"tyler!!" i shoot my eyes open and look at my friend alex. i feel my body shaking and a slight pain in my chest. i look around at all the other patients in the mental hospital. no, not here again...

"where-where is josh?" i ask frantically, but everyone just looks at me with confusion.

"why are you looking at me like that? i said where the fuck is josh?" i yell at them.

"i-uh, who is josh?" stephen asks.

"my-my-" i stop and take everything in. josh isn't real. it was a dream. it felt so surreal, how was it not real? sobs wrack my body, and i pulled out my hair. theres a reason i'm in here. i'm fucking crazy. i lay my head down onto my pillow and pull the blanket over my head. i whisper so quietly no one could hear but me, "i love you, josh. i'm so sorry."

•••
joshs pov

i take a gasp of air when i wake up look around the lounge. patrick is lying his head in pete's lap, and pete is on his phone. dallon is sharing the love seat with melanie, giggling about something on her phone. brendon is sitting with a girl whos name i think is sarah. and ryan is sitting by himself scrolling through his phone on the beanbag chair.

wait, i though ryan and brendon were dating?
where is tyler?
what happened?

"hey, look who's up." pete laughs and everyone looks at me.

brendon looks at me weird. "something got you scared, dun? you look like a deer in headlights."

i have a splitting headache and i am beyond confused.

"yeah, i'm fine. um, what was the last thing i did before i passed out?"

"you got shitface drunk at petes party-" everyone has light laughs and i fakely laugh along. "and you came in here and passed out." dallon explains.

"oh, o-okay, um, well i'm gunna go for a drive." i am shaking so hard i feel like im in my own personal earthquake. they are all looking at me with worry on their features. "i'm fine guys, really. i just have a lot on my mind."

i walk out of my the dorm and get in my car. i go to turn my radio but realize its gone.

"what the fuck? who steals a car radio?" i sigh in annoyance and start my car. i pull out of the parking lot and just drive. i don't really know where, just until i run out of gas i guess.

i drove for about 45 minutes when i was pulling up to the bridge. i saw someone on the edge looking out over the water. i see them lean a little too close over the edge, so i slam my breaks and get out of my car.

i run to them, and right as their foot falls off the edge, i grab their arm and pull them back onto the safe part of the bridge. they turn and look at me, and i almost burst into tears when i saw who it was.

"tyler?"

plot twist!!!