twenty-six

4 more chapters left!!!!!!!!

josh pov

"tyler!" no response.
"tyler!!! please!" still no response.

i look around the forest frantically, looking for any sign of tyler. i fall onto my knees and look down at my hands.

"please, please, please, please, please. tyler, be okay, i need you to be okay." i whisper to myself.

i look up to the sky and then close my eyes with my head still up. "give me something! anything!" i yell. i open my eyes when i feel a raindrop. i pick myself up and keep walking. i feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and i pull it out. patrick is calling me. i decide to ignore it and keep walking. i was noting how hard the rain was starting to get when it hit me.

"the clearing!" i sprint as fast as i can towards the clearing in the trees that tyler took me that one time. i can see it in the distance, and i start to see new markings on the trees. i come up to the clearing and see tyler laying on the ground.

i spring towards him and pick him up in my arms. "ty, ty, baby! are you there? please, please." i look down at his sweatshirt sleeve that is pulled up and see all the cuts and blood mixing with rain, and see the silver razor in his other hand. "no, no, no, tyler, you'll be okay, i promise. i'm going to get you out of this." i pull out my phone and dial dallon's number as fast as i can.

"hello?" he said in his normal, cheery tone. i tried to make coherent words and take a deep breath.

"please, c-come to the p-park, i'm in the forest right now with t-tyler and we need to g-go to the hospital, p-please." i manage to choke out.

"oh my god, i'll be there in 10 minutes!" i hang up the phone and put tyler onto my back and run all the way out of the forest. when i get to the park, i see dallons car and run towards it. i open up the backseat and put tyler in carefully and hop in. melanie is in the front seat and looks at tyler, then at me.

"what happened?"

"i don't even know, he lied to my about his mental state and then i caught him trying to jump off the bridge outside of town and then we went to a motel, and then he yelled at me, left, then i found him in the forest like this, and, fuck.." i put my head in my hands and feel myself shaking from crying. i feel a hand rub my back and look up to see melanie smiling at me.

"he'll be okay. he's strong. he'll make it through this, especially with you by his side. you really do love him. its cute, you're always there for him, and that is something that not many people get to have."

i smile through my tears and thank her. i reach for tylers hand and wince at how cold it is. i squeeze it and kiss his palm.

•••
tylers pov

"j-josh?" i say almost inaudibly. i try to speak up but it doesn't work. i feel josh squeezing my hand and try to squeeze back, i wonder if he could feel it. next thing i know, i am in josh's arms and hes running into a room. i hear muffled, frantic talking and someone sets me onto a bed of some sort. i try to comprehend what is happening, but by the second, my vision keeps fading. i try to call out to josh one more time, and the last thing i see before everything go black is josh's head whip around and him run towards me with wide eyes.