Chapter 29

"Well, I'm sorry. It's kind of hard to hang onto someone when all they do is cause you nothing but stress and physical pain." Harry retorts, easily growing irritated with the older boy across from him.
"Yeah, Harry. I know. You told me." He scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Why are you still here? I asked you to leave. You're doing nothing but sending mixed signals. You say you were worried and now you're saying that I do nothing but bring negativity into your life."

Harry sighs, "You're a pain in the ass..." He states, and before Louis can interject, "But, you're my pain in the ass."  

Louis is taken back by this statement, what is that supposed to even mean? What sick game is Harry playing at right now? God.. All of this, it's all just very heart wrenching. 
"I'm not your pain in the ass.. I'm not your anything." Louis says, his tone not as firm as it once was, because he doesn't even know what to say about this situation. "What are you doing, Harry? Please, just tell me why you're even here.." He asks, his mood faltering. He just wants to be done with this conversation. He was finally getting better. Finally getting through most of his issues and then... His biggest reason for wanting to kill himself comes back to haunt him. 

Harry runs a hand through his messy hair and chews on his bottom lip. Why is he here? He saw Louis through the window and just couldn't help but stop and stare... It was like he was seeing Louis for the very first time again.. Although it was through a window, and Louis was still a cashier. The blue eyed boy wasn't smiling like the first time.. Why didn't Harry just keep walking? His brain told him to move on. But, his heart told him that he was an idiot and to go and try to fix whatever it was that they had broken.. Whether it be their relationship.. Or just each other. 

"It's a long story..." Harry admits. Because, fuck. It is a long story. A long and... Dreadful story. 

"Well, you better get talking. Or I'll have to get my manager and have him escort you out." Louis threats.
"Can you just calm down and stop being so salty to me?" Harry asks.
"Sorry, it's not every day that the love of your life who shattered your world comes back into your damn life without a heads-up. Just popping out of god knows where." Louis states. 
"I didn't expect you to be here, alright?" He sighs, "I was just walking down the road and happened to stumble across a very beautiful boy, dozing off on the job."

Louis's heart flutters as Harry calls him beautiful and he has to bite his lip to hide a smile. 
"Okay.. But, how did you get here... And why?" Louis wonders, his tone softening. 
"Well..." Harry says and scratches the back of his neck. He can tell Louis right? He trusts Louis, he'll always trust Louis. There wasn't a moment in their relationship where he couldn't ever trust him. So, he tells him; "I was dating this guy... Nick.. He wasn't like you... He was just... I liked him.. But, not how I liked you. Like you.. Still do.. Always gonna-" "Get on with it, Harry." "Anyways... We went on a date for our one year Anniversary.." Harry continues his story, from beginning to end, not leaving out any details whatsoever, just being completely honest. 

Louis takes moment of silence as he takes in all of this new information. "Wow..." He breaths out and looks down at his feet, his old torn up shoes nervously scuffing against the ground as he thinks for a minute. "So... You're... On the run from the police pretty much..? He asks quietly. An idea pops into his head and boy... It's a bad one.
"Yeah.. I am." Harry nods. Louis sucks on his bottom lip for a moment and shyly looks up at his ex-boyfriend. 

"Do you want to stay with me..?"