Chapter 7

"You know..." Louis said softly, sitting back in the chair next to Harry's bed. "It's been 28 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes, and 11 seconds since I've last seen your green eyes..." He mumbled and then chuckled softly. "I'm just kidding, It's only been 16 days, and I'm not sure on the hours and stuff.." He shrugged and sighed deeply. "All joking aside, god, I wish you'd wake up, Haz." He shook his head softly and looked down at his lap.

"It's hell not having you here with me." He said honestly, "I've been taking my pills... I've been staying healthy... I haven't hurt myself." He nodded slowly. "Still on the footie team." He smiled, "I just... Everything would be perfect if you were awake... Even if you had to stay in the hospital, I just wish you were awake.." He said softly as a single tear streamed down his face, he wiped at it slowly and took a deep breath.

"Do you ever... Just like... Pretend you're in a movie sometimes?" He laughed softly, "Like, you're listening to your music and the perfect song comes on. Taking you away from reality, feeling as though everything is fake and you're just in some film.." He said slowly. "I feel like that a lot.. Earlier, when I had to go to school. I was listening to this song. It was a happy song. It made me feel like that once I got to school, I'd see you waiting for me at my locker with flowers and a smile on your face. It made me forget all that was wrong with life right now. It made me happy just thinking that you'd be waiting for me at school, and we'd walk to first hour, happily, hand in hand..." He trailed off. 

"Silly of me to think of something like that though." He shook his head, "When you wake up, you won't want to buy me flowers... You won't want to walk with me hand in hand... You won't want anything to with me." He said quietly as he played with the hem of his T-shirt, not lifting his gaze from his lap. 

Harry shifted slightly in his state of unconsciousness.

Louis didn't notice.

"I wish we could go back to the day where green met blue... I'd change everything... I'd change our past so we could have a better future.. I was scared when I first met you, to be honest, when you stumbled into me in the darkness. You uttered out a quiet oops, I said a shy hi..." He smiled lightly, "I thought I'd never see you again, but luck seemed to be on my side since you lived right next door to me.. That day where I went to your house and you came down in nothing but your boxers, you got so flustered when you noticed I was there." He laughed quietly, "I kept denying my feelings for you, but deep down I knew that I needed you in my life or I'm wouldn't be alright... I'm glad that I finally decided to be confident about this feel and took a chance and went for it. I'm glad we started dating..." 

He sighed quietly as his hands began to shake.

"When you wake up... Please... Don't walk away... I won't be okay if you do, I don't want to lose you..." He whispered. "God, Harry... I'm so... So sorry... Please, when you wake  up... Give me one final chance... I promise you won't regret it. I love you. So much. We can grow old together just like you said. Maybe adopt a kid. Get a cat. Get our own house. Get married. Fuck. We can have sex for the first time ever. I know I've been too scared to do something as intimate as that... But, I think if you were to give me one more chance... I'd be ready for it.." He nodded slightly. 

Harry blinked a few times.

Louis didn't notice.

"I don't know why I always ramble about nonsense to you, you can't hear me." He said, keeping his gaze down, "God, it'd be so embarrassing if you heard half of the things. I've said to you." He shook his head and laughed softly. I wrote a song... I want to sing it to you.." He took a deep breath and began quietly humming the tune to himself.

"We made a fire
Went down in the flames
We sailed the ocean
And drowned in the waves
Built a cathedral
But we never prayed
We had it all
Yeah...
And we walked away

Point of no returning now
It's just too late to turn around
I try to forgive you
But I struggle cause I don't know how
We built it up so high and now I'm fallin'
It's a long way down...

We had a mountain
But took it for granted
We had a spaceship
But we couldn't land it
We found an island
But we got stranded
We had it all
Who could've planned it?"

He sung softly, letting his voice die out quietly, "It's not finished... Nor is it that good.. I don't know.." He shrugged and wiped at the tears that were streaming down his face.

"It was beautiful, Lou..."