Chapter 6- The Hospital Wing

Braith's POV

I barely noticed when she stopped screaming.

Something else had taken over me, something dark and merciless and brutal. Some flicker of doubt caught in my stomach as I saw her lifeless form.

Her lifeless form...

Her-

What had I done?!?

I brought the chains down and released her. Her body slumped in my arms; it felt cold and dead, but I could sense the faintest heartbeat. One more hit, and she would've been a goner.

I didn't know why I even cared. I had killed many slaves previously. But this one just... mattered.

I picked her up properly and ran at vampire speed up to the hospital wing. The nurse looked extremely surprised to see me; even more so when she registered the slave in my arms.

"Uhhg..." she seemed unable to form words.

"Well do something about it!" I shouted.

At the time, I didn't even realise I was shouting.

"Oh, yes Your Highness, of course," she said nervously.

She snapped her fingers, and a guard came and took the slave to a bed in the far end of the wing.

"I'll get all our doctors working on it immediately."

I nodded to her, and left the wing, though some small part of me wanted to stay and watch over her.

I ignored that part of me though. I couldn't let feelings make decisions for me.

Felicia's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, the harsh white light almost blinding me.

Immediately, I knew where I was. This was clearly the hospital wing.

"Ah, you're awake. Very good, very good."

The light was too bright for me to see the person speaking, but I could tell it was a female from the voice.

"Carefully now, please try to sit up."

I did so, and a searing pain cut through my back, but I refused to make a sound.

As my eyes started to adjust to the light, I saw it was a young nurse who was sitting next to me, with dark hair put up in a bun and a large clipboard.

"You've been out for three days, if you're wondering. The marks on your wrists will leave faint scars, barely visible, but the ones on your back will be much more prominent. A girl named Maddie stopped by once or twice, by the way."

I stayed silent, and she continued. "Do you want anything..?"

I shook my head.

"Do you think you are ready to leave then?"

My entire body was screaming 'NO!!!', but I ignored it and nodded.

I stood up slowly, and the whole world spun, stars swimming in my head. I didn't let her see though and simply picked up a notepad and pen sitting on a counter.