Chapter 2- The Master

Author's note: This is an idea of what Braith looks like.
P.s. If you want to know his name, it's Jon Kortajarena.

Felicia's POV

On one side of the room, a large stage was set up, at least 30 meters on each side. On the other, a gigantic crowd sat, or stood. The crowd was rowdy and very intimidating, especially considering I now had the estimated amount of five thousand pairs of eyes on me.

I walked onto the stage slowly; I had immediately understood what I had to do, no matter how much I despised it. I had seen how the others had acted and how the disobedient had been punished, and I knew immediately I had no chance of survival if I did not simply comply with quiet obedience. My feelings would not matter in this new, cruel world of survival of the fittest.

A man clad in finery stood next to me on the stage, with a microphone in his right hand and a stack of papers in his left.

Reading off of the paper on top, he announced: "This is the beautiful Felicia Winters, 16 years old, blood type A negative."

Hearing several wolf whistles, I blushed.

"I'm going to start the bidding at 500 dollars," the man said.

"Here!"

"750 dollars here!"

"800."

"1000."

"2000!"

As I started to tune the numbers out, my eyes wandered around the hall, until finally resting on the man on the stage next to me, the leader of the auction. He was looking at me with a menacing smirk that revealed the tips of his fangs. Wait wait wait- fangs?!?

Noticing me staring at them, he smiled even wider, letting me get a better look at them. I felt like freaking out. In another circumstance, I would've thought that vampires being real would be super cool. I had always loved sci-fi and fantasy, and the idea of magical creatures and mystical beings beyond human comprehension. Those ideas had for a long time been my escape from my life, from the harsh reality I lived in. No wonder everyone at school thought I was weird. My hands started to shake at the thought of my school, of my home, of my family. I took a deep breath that hitched in my throat.

All of a sudden, my thoughts were interrupted by the word that I had not even thought of yet: "Sold! To Prince Braith, for 100, 000 dollars."

The same guard who brought me from my cell now marched onto the stage, grabbed onto my arm, and pulled me offstage, on the other side from where I came. I was pulled into a hall where my new owner -I shuddered at the mere thought of the word- awaited.

Braith's POV

My new slave looked docile enough, her head bowed low and her stance submissive. I wondered if she kept her head down because she actually was trying to show her submissiveness, or if she was just trying to disguise the tears running down her face. Perhaps it was a mixture of both.

"What's her behaviour like?" I asked the guard.

"So far she hasn't been struggling much," he said. "But I suppose it might come later. Natural submissives are hard to come by."

Humph. I didn't know exactly why I decided to buy her; my type were usually the more wild ones.

I dismissed the guard and studied my new slave.

She had average looks and a boring grey aura. I wondered what was going on in her head, so I took a peek.

Dead mother, abusive alcoholic father, it wasn't uncommon. I was going to delve deeper, when a voice disturbed me.

'Could you please... Not?'

"What?" I was completely bewildered and caught off guard.

What did she mean? Then I realised, she hadn't spoken outloud. Somehow, she had felt me in her mind, and sent me a thought.

"It's a bit uncomfortable when you're meddling around in my head. Especially when I have to re-experience memories that I have been trying to forget." she said, aloud that time.

I regained my composure. "I will do what I wish in your mind. You would do well to remember that I bought you for a rather large sum of money."

"Oh-h, uh, I- Yes of course, uh. I'm sorry- eh, s-sir?"

I smirked at her failed attempt at both an apology and referring to me in the correct term.

"It's master."

I watched her internal conflict; the term was degrading for her to use, but it was clear that she valued her life greatly, as she had attempted to please me on several occasions.

I saw the look of defeat in her eyes, and she whispered, "Yes... Master."

She gritted her teeth on the last word, but I took pleasure in that I had made her say it, no matter how quietly or annoyedly it was said.

Perhaps this purchase would prove to be rather entertaining.