Seven 34

For the pasted few months I've been really trying to chill out, focus more on my new niece Iriana and school and sports. Which turned out to be a good thing. Thanks to Tion, Iran, and me we made it to the finals for the first time in like 15 years, and even though we didn't win it still felt good to make it. I was walking around school without a destination, but I knew where I wasn't going the gym. The whole school was in there to say goodbye to all the senior basketball players before graduation. I decide not to go because, it would be pointless I see Tion everyday I'll say bye when that nigga goes to college. But I was walking around the school in a part I've never been in, and I noticed one door was still open. I walked inside and saw a bunch of art and other shit. I started looking at the shit hanging up on the walls, some of this stuff was really good. I wasn't a big art fan but I knew enough to know when something was good. I walked around looking at some of the paintings when I seen one that was covered up. I walked over and started to remove the sheet.

"It's not finished." Somebody said from behind me. Thinking it was the teacher I turned around and got the a pleasant surprise of my life. There was this slim, light skinned, dude standing there. He was about a foot shorter than me with light curly brown hair, and a little birthmark on the side of his nose. But really got me was his eyes they were the same color as Hershey's kisses. For some reason I felt as if I should know this dude.

"Umm my bad I didn't mean to be nosy I just couldn't help myself. I'm Seven." The dude rolled his eyes and walked over to me and the painting.

"I know who you are Seven, everybody in school knows you." He said picking up a bunch of stuff. "I didn't realize you had gotten so big headed. That you don't even remember your ex best friend." Once he said that it clicked I knew were I knew him from.

"Gabriel?" I asked. He rolled his eyes again and walked out the room, for some reason I had to follow him. "Gabriel wait. I'm sorry I didn't even recognize you. How have you been?" I asked really wanting to know.

"Seven, we've been going to the same school for the last six years. This is the first time we've talked since........ since."

"Since I went to jail." I said quietly. "Gabriel I don't know why I stopped talking to you, when I got outta jail I just..............."

"You started playing basketball, football, and running track you didn't really have time for me it's cool though people grow apart as they get older, it happens."

"But Gabriel I never meant to hurt you." For the third time he rolled his eyes at me.

"There you go being an egotistical jock. Seven you are not important enough to hurt my feelings. You may think the everybody in school worships you, hell maybe they do. But I'm not bout to kiss your fucking feet. I remember you before all this high school fame when you didn't know which side of the bed to piss on." I just stood there scratching my head, did this dude really just go hard on me.

"We did us to sleep in the same bed didn't we?" I asked smiling at him. Four times.

"Seven we were like six, okay don't even go there." He said not giving me an inch.

"Nah I remember now you used to have the biggest crush on me." I said still smiling at him.

"Actually it wasn't you that i had the crush on it was your sexy ass brother Tion."

"Man whatever you know you used to like me, I remember that day we were playing doctor and you kept trying to kiss me. Man those were the good old days."

"Yeah we did have some good times."

"So Gabriel, we never did actually kiss?" I said taking a step towards him.

"Okay your point is?" He said standing his ground.

"Well right now I got the sudden urge to kiss you, for old time sake you know and I just wanted to see what you would do if I tried." I said taking another step towards him.

"Well first you'd get peppered sprayed." He said pulling out a can of mace. "Then I'd kick you in the balls and when you bend over I'd knee you in the face."

"Damn it's like that?" I asked. That's five times now I've made him roll his eyes at me, now I know for sure he wants me. Instead of answering me he turned an walked away from me. "Gabriel my number still the same, call me tonight." I called after him. He didn't even turn around when he flipped me off I started smiling and walked towards the gym.

When I reached the gym everybody was coming out and the first people I saw were Tion and Iran. These niggas stayed together it was like they were best friends, but I know they said the same thing about me and Izayah so I wasn't really tripping.

"Damn Baby Bro where you been?" Tion asked.

"Man I was talking to Gabriel." I said trying to play it off.

"Oh word, man that lil nigga had the biggest fucking crush on me when we were little. I didn't even know he still went this school. He still painting and shit?"

"Yea he still painting he's really good to." I said with pride. Damn why was I tripping like that was my dude or something. Tion must have heard it in my voice because he started looking at me funny.

"Aww well I'ma have that nigga design my tattoo." Tion said walking towards his car.

"Ayy you think if I ask him to do one of Iriana he'd do it?" Iran asked.

"Man I don't know we weren't even talking like that just doing some catching up nothing more, nothing less."

"Well you need to see if he'll do it."

"Man you ask him since he had such a big crush on you." I said getting in the passenger seat.

"Maybe I will." Tion said.

"Man I'll do it." I said. I felt like this would be a good reason to talk to Gabriel again, and for some strange reason I was looking forward to it.