Seven 11

At practice I couldn't focus I was so worried about Tyson and this nigga Fabian or whatever the fuck his name is. The whole time we practiced Tion kept tellin me to get my head in the game but I couldn't I was so distracted that coach finally pulled me out. I sat on the sideline watchin everybody else practice I felt some kind of way, damn maybe I was over reacting. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't see he man stand next to me until he cleared his throat.

"Umm can I help you?" I asked lookin the man up and down.

"You Hayes?" He asked.

"Who wants to know?" I countered, I didn't know this dude but he obviously knew me.

"Names Jonathan Ford I'm a college scouter for the University of Southern California are you Seven Hayes?" My head started spinnin, his nigga was from USC. I know I told Ty that I hadn't thought about college but I had an USC was definitely top three in my books.

"Yea I'm Seven, what you want from me?" I asked not because I wasn't interested but because I was only a junior, Tion on the other hand was on his way out the door.

"Well we've been watching you for quite some time. We thought it would be in our best interest to get you early." The way he said you made me feel uneasy.

"What do you mean, get me early?"

"Well we've not only been lookin at you but your brother Tion as well." Right on cue Tion caught an impossible catch. "But it seems we missed our chance since he's already committed to LSU. But you won't be eligible until next year. So i figured......................."

"You figured if you got me early then by the time next year came around I'd be ready to come to USC."

"Just think about it absolutely no pressure." Mr. Ford said walkin away. I watched him until he hopped in his car and pull off, at the same time an '07 Impala pulled up. I smiled in spite of myself, Tyson always brought a smile to my face. I started joggin to the place where he was stopped.

"Hayes where are you going?" Coach yelled after me, but I ignored him. Right now Tyson was more important.

"Hey Ty." I said jumpin in the car and kissin him. I know I was supposed to be pissed but I couldn't feel it.

"Seven we really need to talk." His tone surprised me, it was as if he'd feared me. I didn't like that shit, I didn't want him to be scared to tell me sit.

"Ty whatever it is you can tell me. You know that right?" I said lookin him in the eyes.

"I know Seven but, I know how you are and you have to promise not to get mad." I started feelin uneasy. I didn't like the way this was going already.

"Aight I promise." I lied smoothly.

"Earlier when you texted me, I was in the car with this guy named Fabian." I tensed up there was that named, again. I wanted to stop him but I didn't I let him finish. "Fabian's dad and my dad are best friends and they just moved here. Well a couple weeks ago they came over for dinner and well your name kinda got brought up."

"What exactly was said?" I asked quietly.

"Just that we were together. Nothing more."

"Okay what does this nigga Fabian have to do with all this?" I asked.

"Well Fabian is kinda gay and he might have a small little crush on me."

"That's it?" I asked knowing there was more.

"It started off innocent we would talk he told me he needed a friend to talk about his problems with. Then he started to get possessive I told him I wasn't interested that I was in love with you then last night he texted me and told me he needed a ride to school, I mean even though I knew he'd like me I said yes. After you texted me this morning I told him he'd have to find another way home because I was coming to see you. Well after school today he was waiting by my car and I told him I was serious about coming to see you and he'd have to find another ride. Well he got mad and......................" Tyson started cryin and I looked closer at him. On his neck there were four darkening spots the closer I looked the more they started lookin like fingerprints. I felt my blood rising.

"Did that nigga put his fuckin hands on you." I said through clenched teeth.

"Seven please calm down." But I wouldn't listen I hopped out the car and walked towards the locker room I was bout to go find this nigga and kill him!