Let's Try To Kill The Awkwardness

Simon's  POV:

After serving dinner, it was silent. An unappealing awkwardness ensued at the table as everyone had slowly ate at their food. Being as I am the host, I suppose it is merely my duty to make conversation. Albeit, my daughter would rather go up to her room and sulk about tonight's events, she must learn to go with the flow and follow along suit as me. 

Clearing my throat, catching my children and guests attention I gave my most charming smile that I could muster before opening my mouth to speak. "So tell me, Orpheus, you have a business correct? One that deals with the technological advances in the cargo industry?"

That had been enough to cause my children to perk up at the sound of it dealing with technology. Gemini's eyes especially sparkled at it, I knew she was wanting to get a job so this could possibly be a business opportunity for her. Unless she already had an interview set up for her, then I suppose this would be all for nothing. 

The older appearing gentleman nodded his head as he too, cleared his throat before speaking. His accent was Scottish... Or possibly Irish. Either or, I could tell that it held some effect upon my daughter as her eyes showed a great interest within what he had to say. " Yes, it's a large industry. But at this time we're hiring because we had quite a scandal going on, so new employees that can be trusted will be needed."

Smiling politely at him, I nodded to acknowledge what he said. Only for him to soon turn to me and inquire my job. "Ah. You see, I work over in the business division as well, in the city. I work over at a programming company. Of course, my two boys will be starting there soon, while Gem is still looking for work that... That suits her interests." A small snort sounded from my daughter's nose as she went back to looking down at her plate of food, smirking to herself. 

Mr.Ampora quirked an eyebrow as he too seemed intrigued at this, soon turning his attention to my youngest and only daughter. "So, 'yer looking for a job. What exactly would 'ya be interested in?"

And soon, Gemini was more than ready to answer. Sitting up straighter and folding her hands onto her lap, she looked on to her left where her brothers and I sat, then to the right where the Ampora's sat. Her lips pressed into a thin line before forming into a smirk as she finally looked straight at Orpheus who sat directly across from her, opposite at the other end of the table. 

"Actually, I was hoping to work somewhere simple until I finish my college classes and hopefully get a G.E.D. But, I am indeed looking for a job. Something that proves to be a challenge, but goes along with my talents." Her eyes shone as she spoke, her voice coming out smooth and fluid as if she has given this speech multiple times. 

Orpheus' eyes showed nothing more but surprise at Gemini's sudden energy to actually converse with him. I noticed the corner of his lips twitch up, slightly as he let his elbows rest on the table and clasped his hands together, letting his chin lay on his hands. My daughter truly is magnificent. 

Soon, the youngest Ampora piped up. Eridan, I believe his name to be. I remember hearing Sollux talk so irritably of him, while Gem spoke so happily about him and how she enjoyed his company. Sollux made friends fast and so did Mituna, which was normal. While Gem tried to hide away from socializing, always a leg hugger, I remember. But once I heard of finding a friend in Eridan, I was happy as can be. 

"So, wwould you be interested in wworking for father? You're really smart wwhen it comes to computers and howw they wwork.. Father needs someone to keep hackers awway.." 

His eyes looked violet from where I sat, but I noticed that they were more so of a violet blue, the eyes looked piercing, but soft as his full attention was turned to my daughter. Did he have some sort of feelings for Gemini? His hair reminded me of Crest toothpaste as it was, what Gemini referred to as, a swoosh. His bangs went into a "swoosh" while the rest of his hair was somewhat shaggy, but wonderfully well kept. The "swoosh" of his hair was dyed to a bleach blonde while the rest of his hair had stayed a natural dark brown. The boy was thin and lanky, but looked as if he was royalty from the way he held himself and spoke so confidently; not caring about the small speech impediment he had. Unlike Sollux, he was proud and fluent in his words, while Sollux would mutter angrily under his breath when his lisp was apparent. He too, though, shared the same accent as his father had.

Gemini cleared her throat and smiled kindly at Eridan, "Actually, that depends. Although, my talents of such have been asked of." 

As Eridan began to speak again, Orpheus had quickly interrupted his son. "Do forgive me lad, but tell me. What exactly do 'yer interests pertain to, lass?" 

The way he spoke directly to her, I noticed how a faded blush began to form on her cheeks. The guy must be a really lady killer and a daughter stealer. It was impressive with how he could easily take my away my daughter's attention, along with the sort of response she gave him. It's about damn time, though, that my family stopped acting awkward and antisocial with others. Maybe this will help improve my daughter's social life. Dear lord, I certainly hope so.