First Caps (21)

Depuis le début

We get back on the bus, I sit next to Kelley and Mal sits next to Horan. The team already knows about Kelley and I so she puts her head on my shoulder and I kiss her forehead.

"We gotta do something, just you and me before we go back home." I say.

"Okay." Kelley says.

We get back to the hotel and Mal and I head up to our rooms. I hop in the shower when we get there and change into some sweats and a muscle tee. I wait for Mal to get out the shower and we both head downstairs together. I go and get my plate then go and sit next to Kelley and Ash. We all eat and talk then head to bed.

~

"I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!" The crowd roars behind us.

The ref blows the whistle and the game starts. I was sitting on the bench with Mal watching the game. We didn't know if we weren't going to be starting but it was cool enough knowing Jill was going to put us in the game. Alex and Morgan were both injured and couldn't play this game. So Jill wants to see if we have to same chemistry on the field like we do in practice. We're playing a 4-3-3 the starting lineup is:

Hope in goal.
Kling, JJ, Becky, and Kelley are defenders
Horan, Allie, and Carli are midfielders
Tobin, Crystal, and Press are forwards

We started off with the ball and passed it back to the midfield. We were in out new white kits while Columbia was in yellow. We came at them hard and they did the same. There was a little back and forth until the 4th minuet Tobin got the ball and headed towards the goal down the left flank with 3 defenders on her. It looked like she was going to lose it but she fought through and megs one of the defenders sending a pass to Crystal who took a shot but it was saved by Velasquez (number 9) before Perez (the keeper) dove on it. In the 9th minuet there was a collision between Horan and Ospina (number 4). Horan got up and was okay but they called the trainers on the field to look at Ospina. They checked her out then walked her off the field. She walked off with the help of the trainers but it didn't look to serious. In the 11th minuet Tobin got the ball from Julie who crossed it to her from the center circle. She went toward the box but was surrounded, she was able to pass it to Kling who took a touch and passed it to Dunn who was going to take the shot but saw Allie was at a better angle and left it for her. Allie ripped it and it looked like it was going to be a goal but hit the crossbar and went out for a goal kick. Crossbars are goalkeepers best friends and forwards worst nightmares. Columbia got a corner kick in the 13th minuet, their first one of the match but it was cleared away. In the 17th minuet Velasquez got a yellow card for taking down Tobin from behind. We get a free kick which Allie takes, Dunn gets a foot to it and passes it to Carli who takes a shot but its deflected earning us a corner kick. Tobin drives it through the middle but its cleared away, not very well because Tobin gets the ball back but trips one of the players on her way to the goal earning Columbia a free kick. Columbia progresses up the field and takes a shot but Solo is there to get it. In the 21st minuet Columbia gets a free kick off a foul by Allie, they take it but it just goes out for a goal kick. In the 25th minuet Allie sends a through ball to Crystal, and she passes it to Press who takes it up the field. Just outside the box Press sends it to Tobin on the right side of the field, she takes a shot but defenders quickly surround her and its blocked. Kelley runs up and recovers the ball and passes it back to Tobin who takes another shot but its also blocked. Carli recovers the ball and passes it to Crystal who has a defender on her, she spins out and gets away from her defender and is now one v one with the keeper. Perez comes out and Dunn slots the ball into the back of the net, her 12th career goal in 18 matches. The game rest, in the 27th minuet Columbia was progressing with the field but the ball is taken away by Carli and Horan. Horan passes the ball to Mal who passes it to Kling. Kling looks up and sees Crystal by the halfway line and crosses it to her. Crystal settles the ball and kicks it to Carli who runs with the ball down the left flank, Carli spots Tobin open and passes it to her. Tobin crosses the ball into the box, Kelley was making a run but Perez gets to it. She bobbles it but a defender is there to help clear it out. The defender cleared it outside of the box to where Horan was and she passed it to Kling who got around her defender and tried to send it in to Carli but a defender got to it and cleared it. IN the 30th minuet Kelley is fouled by Echeverri (number 5) resulting in a free kick, which Tobin takes. Tobin takes it short sending it to Kling on the left flank. Kling passes it to Dunn who turns and passes it to Horan. She looks up and sends a cross into the box, Allie jumps up and gets a head on it and send it into the goal making it 2-0. Mal and I laughed at the celebration, Allie jumped on Horan and she jumped a bit to high causing Horan and her to fall to the ground. I hope her neck is okay (A/N look on Instagram). In the 32nd minuet Becky send in a ball from the left flank which reaches Carli who passes it to Crystal but defenders are around her. Tobin and Carli help her out, Carli gets the ball and passes it to Press who shoots it past the keeper and into the net 3-0. In the 37th minuet a foul is called on Kelley giving Columbia a free kick. The kick is taken and Columbia settles the ball, a shot it taken but is driven high over the goal giving us a goal kick. Solo takes the kick short and sends it to JJ who passes it up the middle to Allie who passes it to Crystal. Crystal has a defender on her and passes it to Carli who passes it to Press. A defender is on her and she looses the ball but Crystal is there to recover and passes it back to Press. Press is already in the box and runs towards the goal, she looks up and sees Carli and passes it to her. Carli is right in front of the goal and hammers it. The game reaches the 45 minuet markers and there's 1 minuet of stoppage time added. Columbia gets a free kick and its when its taken the player has nowhere to go and ends up sending the ball out of play ending the first half of the game 4-0.