19.5 Emily's Healing Phase

Start from the beginning

He's dead. 

I feel the tears falling down as I look at myself in the mirror. He was dead and I was here, living in a castle I did not deserve. Miles was a King. I was no Queen. 

My magic hits the mirrored walls harder and they take it, absorbing and laughing louder as if screaming at me that I was weak. My magic was weak. 

"He's dead!" I scream, letting the magic rage against the walls. Every drop hits the walls as they welcome it with open arms. "He left me alone." I cover my face with my hands as I cry. 

I was alone. 

"What is that?" I hear Eliza whisper behind me. I look up to see the wall sliding open to reveal a door.

Only a Royal must pass. 

The words are written on the door as I stand up quickly. I walk towards it and push open the door, letting the darkness wrap itself around me as the door closes behind me, shutting out Eliza's cursing. 

The lights flicker above me and I reach up as far as I can. I let my magic steady the light and it stops flickering. 

The room was full of huge books. 

I walk towards the shelves and read the words on them. 

The grimoires of the Royal Family. 

I pull out one of the books slowly, coughing at the dust that falls around. I open it to see words in different languages. 

"Emily!" I hear dad's voice behind the door. 

They could not enter. 

I put the book back and open the door. 

"What are you doing in a dark room?" He asks as I step out. 

I turn around to see the lights on. "It's a spell room I think." I say, turning to look at him. 

They were all standing there behind him, looking at me confused. 

"It's an empty dark room, Emily." Dad says to me. 

I frown. Only a Royal must pass. 

"You can not see it but I see spell books." I tell him and he nods his head. 

"Come on. Let me show you another room. It's the throne room." He says, as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. 

One year later. 

"Come on!" Hunter groans as he holds his hand out for the suit jacket. 

"You really want to get married that quickly?" I ask him, confused as I hand him his jacket. 

He chuckles. "I am madly crazily in love with her. Why wait?" He shrugs his shoulders as he wears his suit jacket and looks at himself in the mirror. 

I laugh as he winks at himself in the mirror. 

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" He asks me suddenly as he turns around to look at me. 

"Hunter, I am fine with you all moving into the village. I would really appreciate it if you did." I smile at him and he nods his head at me, and turns back to the mirror to comb his hair. 

Hunter had come a year ago. He said he was here for me whenever I needed him. Savannah, the one he was getting married too today, stayed with us in the castle when my family had to leave. 

They had to go back to their territory and it made me realise how lonely it was in the castle, the village, all by myself. They had asked a million times if they wanted me to stay but I told them they should go. 

They left and I was alone in a big castle by myself. I had started to like it because I would pour myself a glass of red wine and sit in the living room talking to Miles's painting. People might have thought I was crazy if I did that ever with them sitting beside me but alone? It was peaceful. 

Until Hunter had come knocking on the door, five months later telling me how he just found out. It felt really  nice to see him and Savannah. She was beautiful and she loved reading just like me so we got on well as I showed her the upstairs library. Never the ground floor one, Eliza and I had found a year ago. That was just for my family. 

Hunter kept going back and forth when I told him to just stay here. To let all of his pack move in here with me. In the village where there were plenty of houses for everyone. They agreed and he had been staying in the castle with me. It was nice having a friend when Eliza and Oli weren't here. 

"Time to get married!" Hunter exclaims happily. 

3 years later. 

"Stop stop." I try to breathe as I bend down to try and catch my breath. 

"Seriously? Come on! You can do this!" Oli claps at me and I glare up at him. 

"You are sitting on a fucking horse while I am running!" 

His eyes widen at me. "Emily Rose Perry Gray! Did you just swear at me?" He gaps at my face as I roll my eyes and try to catch my breath again. 

"DAD!" He suddenly shouts loudly. I look up, confused as I see my parents on the other side of the huge backyard. "EMILY JUST SAID FUCKING!" 

I facepalm as I hear dad shout a what. In seconds my parents appear in front of me. 

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"You are Emily right? Or have you been switched by an Alien look alike?" 

I roll my eyes laughing at them. 

"I just said fucking." 

My parents gasp at me. "Who are you and what have you done to Emily?" Mom asks me with wide eyes. 

"I feel so proud right now." Dad sighs dramatically as Oli jumps off the horse and lands on the ground. 

"You better run to the time out chair." He warns me and I laugh as I run away from him as he chases me. 

●●●●●

This chapter was necessary so it didn't seem like she just got happy all of a sudden in the next chapter.