Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Jade's POV

"Earth to Jade!" Amy yells from the other side of the couch.

"What?"

"You spaced out like you always do."

"Oh. Sorry."

"What were you thinking about?" She says throwing a cushion at me.

"Why do you have to be so nosy?" I ask chucking the cushion back at her.

"I'm your best friend I should know what you are thinking about. I tell you what I'm thinking about." She states.

"You don't need to tell me what you are thinking about, I can tell what you are thinking about just by looking at you." I say.

"No you can't! You are not as experienced at being nosy as I am."

"Harry."

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

"That's what you're thinking about!" I get up to go to my room.

"You got lucky!"she says following me.

I walk into my closet and look for something to wear tonight. I see a nice pair of light wash shorts and my Doctor Who shirt. I grab both items and throw them towards Amy, who is sitting on the bed.

"I think you like this show a bit too much." She says directing her attention to my shirt.

"I think you breathe a bit too much." I say walking towards her.

"Wow! Thanks I'll keep breathing less in my list of things to do today." She says, every word dripping with sarcasm.

"Great thanks, maybe there will be more air for everyone else." I smile jokingly.

"You're a bitch sometimes. You know that right?"

"Yes I know, it's only in my nature." I say walking into the bathroom to change into my new outfit.

"So I was thinking that you and your neighbour Joe would make a cute couple." She says behind the door.

All I could think about is how much I still love Niall. I know it's stupid for me to still love him even if it has been three years.

My mind went back to this afternoon when he told me to forget what my mind was thinking and go with what my heart told me. I kept thinking how he told be loved my laugh, how he spun me in his arms. How we kissed.

Why do we keep kissing each other?

Maybe if I get away from Niall I will be able to think properly without him clouding my mind.

I walk out of the bathroom and throw my clothes into the hamper.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask putting on my black Converse.

"Yeah just let me got my phone." She says running into the spare room.

"I'll wait for you in front of the elevator!"

"Okay." She replies.

I open the door to find Joe with his hand up, probably about to knock.

"Oh sorry I didn't know you were going to leave at this moment." He says a little fidgety.

"No it's okay. Did you need something?" I ask.

"Not really I just wanted to see if you can hang out."

Did I not tell him less than an hour that I was going to a concert?

Amy walks out of the flat and stand there next to me.

"I know you told me about the concert but who wants to see those guys anyway." He says.

"For your information one of those guys is our childhood friend which just happens to be Jade's boyfriend." Amy says standing up to Joe.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket signalling that I had a new text message.

From: Unknown

Hey Jade! It's Niall, just wanted to tell you that your dad asked me to pick you and Amy up so I can take you to the concert. I'm already in the elevator so I'll be there in a minute :)

"You told me that you didn't have a boyfriend." He says.

I heard the elevator ding and soon the doors opened to reveal Niall looking down at his phone.

"Let's go Jade." Amy says pulling on my arm.

"I knew that you were a whore since the first day I saw you!" Joe yells at the top of his voice.

I ignore him and walk over to Niall but he walks out and starts to walk towards Joe.

"What did you call her?" Niall asks, anger boiling through his body.

"Did you not hear me the first time? Should I repeat it so your stupid little mind can understand? I called her a whore!" Joe says with ease.

"Niall let's go please!" I say.

I start to walk over to Niall and Joe so we can go. I take a hold of Niall's hand and entwine my fingers with his and pull lightly on his arm.

He looks down at our laced fingers then up to me. His eyes soften and his anger washes away.

"I don't want to ever see you around Jade and Amy ever again, if I do I will kill you with my own hands." Niall says looking Joe straight in the eyes.

"Maybe if your girlfriend didn't say she didn't have a boyfriend I wouldn't want to fuck her." Joe says smirking.

"Niall, please! Lets go." I say once again.

"Repeat that asshole I dare you!" Niall yells.

How do I stop Niall from beating the shit of Joe. Think Jade, think!

"I want to fuck her." Joe repeats slowly.

I pull Niall's arm and look him straight in the eyes.

"Stop just please stop. I love you." I say and mean it.

We walk away and make our way to the elevator. Once we get into to the car I realised that I was holding Niall's hand since we walked away from Joe.

"Hey love birds, hurry up because I want to see my curly fry." Amy says, ruining the moment.

"Your?" I ask, turning to see her.

"Yeah he asked me out today!" She squeals.

"After only knowing you a couple of weeks?" I ask.

"Yeah, I know it's weird but he asked, and I wasn't going to say no because I like him as well."

"Wow, my Amy is growing up." I mimic a crying mother.

We get to the venue and we all jump out of the car and walk over to the door. I grab a hold of Niall's hand again so he doesn't feel that I only held his hand to get him away from Joe, even though that is one of the reasons.

"Thanks for not letting me kill him, maybe tomorrow would be a good day to kill him." He says.

"No one is killing anyone. Forget about it, please."

"Only because you asked me to, but if I ever see him again I will throw him off the building." He jokes.

"Okay." I say.

"What were you saying about cute couple Amy?" I reminisce about what she said earlier.

"Never mind he's an asshole." She laughs and runs over to Harry who is waiting for her with open arms.

"Jade can I ask you something?" Niall looks over at me.

"Yeah, sure." I say.

"Never mind, I'll ask you later." He walks away to go with the boys.