Chapter 14

Chapter 14

There it was. The new building I would be living in. My father stop in front of the building and turns the car off.

"Let's go, so I can show you the flat and then we can bring the stuff up." My father says walking out of the car.

I still can't believe my father trusts me enough to live in my own. I wasn't a perfect child that followed all the rules of the house because if I did then I wouldn't be living I would just be existing. I would much rather live my life than just be another boring person existing.

We walked up to the to the building door and make our way through the empty lobby.

"Girls get in the elevator and go up to the fifth floor. I'll meet you guys there I'm going to get Jade's things from the car."

"Okay dad, one little question it probably doesn't matter at this moment but what number is my flat." I say with a hint of humor.

"Jade for the billionth time you are not funny. It's 5C."

"Okay thanks dad."

Me and Amy get in the elevator and press the button with the number '5' carved into it.

"How big do you think the apartment is going to be?" Amy asks turning to face me.

"I don't know, hopefully it's not too small but not too big."

The elevator doors open and we step out and walk down the hallway to find my door. I take the keys out of my pocket and open the door.

Wow. This place is huge!

The apartment already has furniture in it. Amy runs into the living room and yells for me to go over.

"Oh my god you have the biggest television I have ever seen in my life!"

"Okay first off don't exaggera-" I stop, frozen in my spot next to Amy. She was right the television was freaking big.

"Girls come and help get the suitcases, please." We hear my dad yell from the front door.

I run over to him and he walks by me and walks down a hallway.

"Get the other ones, they are out in the hallway, will you?"

Me and Amy follow his order and get the other suitcases and follow him into, what I assume is, my room.

"I have to go get my handbag, it's out in the car, I'll be back!" I say walking out into the hallway.

"Okay hurry back!" I hear dad shout.

I walk into the elevator and go back to the lobby. I walk out and find my dad's car right in front of the building. I grab my coat and run back into the building.

This time I decide to take the stairs back to the apartment. Hopefully I don't trip and fall on my face like I always do.

"Hey, are you new here?" I hear a boy's voice.

I turn and find a boy about the same age as me. He had light brown hair and nice brown eyes.

"Umm yeah I just moved in." I respond.

"That's cool, which level do you live on?" He asks, catching up to me.

"Fifth floor. What about you?" I ask.

If I was going to live here might as well make new friends, right.

"Same as you. That's cool we're neighbors!"

"Yeah it is. Sorry what did you say your name was?"

"My name's Joe Smith."

"It's nice to meet you Joe, I'm Jade Williams." I say extending my hand out to him.

"So what so you do for a living Jade?"

"Well I'm waiting for my acceptance letter to college but it hasn't arrived."

"What college did you apply to?"

"University of Dublin."

"Do you go to college Joe?"

"No. It's just not my thing, school for 12 years was enough for me."

----

After about fifteen minutes I hear my apartment door open.

"Jade hurry up!" I see Amy sticking her head out the door and shouting.

"Coming!" I shout back at her.

"I gotta go, maybe we can talk tomorrow."

"Yeah, sure. Have a goodnight Jade. It was nice meeting you." He says giving me a hug.

"Nice meeting you as well." I say hugging him back.

I walk into the living room and see Amy sitting on the couch and look around for my dad.

"Your dad is in the kitchen, if that's what you're wondering."

"Thanks."

"So? Who was that guy?" She asks. Why is she so nosy?

"My neighbor." I say, short and simple.

"More like your cute neighbor!"

"Shut up!" I say picking up a pillow on the couch throwing it at her.

"What took you so long?" My dad's voice rang through my ears.

"Nothing it was just this guy was asking me if I lived here. That's it." I say trying to forget the topic.

"A boy? You are not allowed to talk to him." My father says pointing a finger at me.

"What! I thought you trusted me!" I reply.

"It's okay Mr. Williams, she won't talk to him. I will." Amy says getting involved in the conversation.

"You aren't allowed to talk to him either. Don't you have Eddie anyway!"

My dad looks from me to Amy with the most shocked face I have ever seen on him.

Oops. I've said too much.

"Eddie? Amy you aren't allowed to talk to any boys either. I will be having a conversation with your father about this." My dad says looking over at Amy.

"Jade! What is wrong with you! Mr. Williams please don't tell my dad about it please I'm begging you. If you tell him I won't be able to have a social life anymore!"

"What social life?" I ask with humor in my voice.

"I'm kidding! Don't worry Amy, I won't say anything. Just stay away from boys when I'm around."

"Okay, deal!" Me and Amy shout running over to my dad and hugging him.

"Okay, I'm leaving. Amy do you need a ride home?" My dad says waking towards the front door.

"No thanks, I told my dad that I was going to stay over here for the night." Amy replies.

"Wait, what about my car? Where is it?" I say running over to the door and standing in front of it.

"Okay let's go see your car. Oh and by the way I was going to take you to see it before I left."

"Yeah, yeah just keep waking."

We made our way to the parking lot behind the building and I saw a shiny black Range Rover.

"That's my car!" I shout as I run over to it.

"Yes. Now goodnight girls I have to go." My father says hugging us and getting in his car and driving off.

"Bye!" I shout, waving my hand.

"I can't believe this is your car!"

"I know! Come on let's go back up and watch movies on that giant television."

------

A/N: SORRY!!! I am so sorry it took so long to update but I was caught up reading 'The Fault in our Stars'

Anyway I will try to upload another chapter later if I can't I will upload tomorrow.

Thanks for reading my story. Keep reading and voting!