Ten

Kam stared up at the ceiling that night with his arms behind his head. Emilia had her head back on his chest and one arm draped over his stomach. The other was scrunched up under her and against his broad ribs.

"My parents left me behind when I was a kid. Put me up for adoption and left me. They weren't even married. My mom was an alcoholic. My dad was addicted to cocaine. He went crazy one night and killed her. Then he killed himself. I didn't know this at the time. I had an investigation started two years ago, and the papers you pulled up were what the cops gave me. That's all I have of them."

Emilia laid over him silently for the longest time. She only squeezed him really tight and laid with him. He hated talking about it and didn't tell hardly anyone about his parents. Thankfully, she did not pity him. She made it better somehow, and it was almost too easy to tell her.

"I think you are really strong and brave, Kam. I couldn't stand in your shoes and be where you are today," she breathed.

He inhaled and his chest rose with her head in it.

"I was never adopted. I stayed at the orphanage until I was seventeen and joined the Army. Never looked back. I came home and began making a name for myself, and then I began to wonder if anyone out there was wondering if I was their son. There wasn't," he muttered.

She leaned up and kissed him. Her bare breasts slid against his chest and he locked an arm around her back to hold her against him.

"I'm sorry, honey. I really am. I wish it didn't have to be that way for you, but... you know all of that made you who you are today. And in my personal, very prestigious, opinion think you are one of the most badass, kickass, awesome as fuck guys I've ever met," she whispered.

Kam locked his arms around her and flipped them over. He nudged himself between her legs and sunk inside her core easily. Em gasped and clutched onto him.

"You're fucking gorgeous when you talk like that, you know it?" he whispered and then sucked at her neck and breasts to mark her.

"I don't think you could get any damned sexier, Kam Detric. And if you did, I think I'd die from a heart attack," she whispered.

Kam groaned and bit down on her nipple to make her moan.

"Stop talking or I'm going to get overwhelmed," he mumbled against her soft flesh.

She sighed and laid out for the ride and smiled peacefully as he undulated against her. Kam stroked his hand up her side to grasp her entire left rib cage while he leaned steady with the other hand on the bed. He never felt so alive than when he was with her. It was like she made every color, taste, sound, and touch more vibrant. He knew he was in deep shit, but he wasn't letting it get in the way. They hardly knew each other. So what if they had been living together for almost a month now? Plenty of couples do that shit, right?

Kam moaned as his waves got deeper. Emilia gasped as Kam locked his hips in and came within her. She moaned hungrily and pulled his head down to kiss him profoundly. Kam stayed inside her as he kissed the life out of her. Em pulled back and panted.

"Okay, get off me before I fucking collapse," she whispered.

Kam smirked and ground deep against her again. He stretched her full and felt her cervix stop his head. Kam moaned and pressed his face down against her neck. He sighed heavily against her.

"Kam," she said softly.

He wrapped his arms around her and slowly disengaged from her core. 

"Alright," he mumbled.

She scooted over, and he laid down next to her. He stroked her face, but she pulled away and rolled over on her back. She squeezed his hand and then pulled the covers up and rolled onto her side with her back facing him.