Episode 20 - Championship

"Are you sure this is not too over the top?" You asked Miley who was dragging towards the bleachers of the basketball court.

"Trust me. You look awesome," Miley smiled widely while dragging you.

Both you and Miley reached the basketball court. Luckily no one took noticed of both of you. Both of you took a seat each and waited for the tournament to start. Within minutes, Zac and his teammates entered the court and the crowd cheered. Zac then turned to the crowd and his eyes went to look for someone. His lips then curved a smile as soon as he saw you. You were busy talking to Miley that you did not notice that Zac was staring at you.

"Yo! Captain, what's the plan?" His Co-Captain nudged his shoulder.

But Zac did not answer as he was still focusing on you. His Co-Captain looked to where his Captain was looking and snickered,"Hey...Is that your girl?"

Zac heard that and turned to him and said,"No..Not..yet.."

"She's not? So all along, you've just been friends with her?" His Co-Captain looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

Zac gave a slight nod and he said,"Bro. If you did not take your first step, she will be taken away. And when I said she will be taken away, she will. Let me tell you a secret. Some guys are already eyeing her."

His Co-Captain gave a short snicker after teasing him to see his reaction. Zac somehow felt threatened and looked to where you were. Just then a whistle blew and they went to get prepare for the tournament. Meanwhile, the Jonas Brothers stood by the doorway. They waited till the 1st half ended as they needed to perform for that period. Joe was glancing around the place and saw you watching intensely to the tournament. He saw the dress you wore and was mesmerised. Kevin and Nick saw that look and decided to tease him.

"Hey Nick, I heard that she was being asked out by some guy," Kevin said casually to Nick.

"Well, she's getting prettier and prettier everyday so it's no surprise that some guys asked her out," Nick said while looking at Joe's reaction.

Joe heard what his brothers were saying about but pretended to ask,"Who are you guys talking about?"

"Ashley," Kevin told him.

"Who asked her out?" Joe probed them.

"Dunno. I heard a senior is asking her out," Nick nudged Kevin and Kevin chuckled quietly as soon as he saw Joe's frustrated look.

Joe then turned to them and both of them quickly acted innocent.

"Let's go practice guys," Joe walked away in frustration.

"He's jealous..all right," Kevin chuckled lightly.

"Really jealous," Nick watched him walking away.

========

The tournament had started for quite a while and the scores are equally tied. You and the crowd were watching intensely and hoped for a win.

"Zac is totally different in the basketball court," You said to Miley.

"Well, he got a reputation to uphold," Miley nudged your shoulder.

Soon the 1st half ended. It was still a tie. The basketball players went for a break while the Jonas Brothers entered the court to entertain and perform for the crowd. The crowd cheered excitedly. The Jonas Brothers and their crew stood in place and got ready to play their music. Joe took the mike stand and started singing when the music started.

Jonas Brothers - Play My Music

=======

The spectators shooked their head and body to the rhythm while clapping their hands. You and Miley were having fun clapping and lipsynced. Joe sang while glancing at the spectators and saw you were having fun which made him smile unexpectedly. Then Nick had a solo which made Miley watched him in awe. Kevin helped a little while Joe urged the spectators to clap loudly. Then they ended their song with a clean and rock finish. The spectators cheered and clapped. The Jonas Brothers waved and smiled to their fans. Nick looked up to see where Miley was and winked at her.