Chapter 4: Crying Hearts

Start from the beginning

"Hey, where are you going?" Sehun asked as Kai reached for his hoodie and was about to walked away.

"I'm going to take back what I just lose." With that, he immediately left Sehun dumbfounded. He was very determined and serious this time. No matter what happen, he will take back his happiness and the strength that he lost all this time.

Soojung, please wait for me.

...

SM Building. f(x)'s Practice Room.

"Krystal."

"Nae, eonni?" Krystal look up from her phone and stood in front of BoA who was struggling on a big box she is holding.

"Can you please help me over here?" BoA said as she put down the box on the floor and fanning herself, one hand on her waist.

"What is it, eonni?"

"Please bring this box to the SHINee's practice room? It's a set of amplifier, mics and whatnot that they'll use." She said, "I need to bring the others to the SNSD's room."

Krystal chuckled, "Sure thing, eonni. Why are you doing this, anyway? You're so generous."

It is then BoA's turn to chuckled, "Ahh, I just wanted to help. Anyway, thank you too, dongsaeng-ie."

"Ne~" Krystal held her breath and pick up the box with both hands. It wasn't as heavy as it was expected.

Krystal walks herself to SHINee's practice room and when she finally reached there, there was one problem.. she can't open the door. Since, her both hands were already full and she was too lazy to put the box down and have to squat back to pick it up again, she may had sprained her back for that.

"Aish, what now?" She muttered to herself after trying many (dumb?) ways to open the door. Then, should I just use my mouth to open the door?, she thoughts dumbly, stupefied.

"Krystal Jung!!!!"

She was startled as she heard a voice from her back and almost dropped the box. Good thing, she held on it tighter. "Oh, Taemin-oppa!" Taemin raise a brow and smirked. "You startled me!"

He faintly chuckles as Krystal huffed. "Sorry for that. Can't help it, your shocked-face is always the best." he joked. As always, he would usually teased her in any ways that could make her vomit her heart out of suprise. Yet, she knew that Taemin just really like to make fun of her in a teasing manner.

"What're you doing here, anyway?" He asked as he eyes the box that Krystal was holding, "And, what's this?" He pointed the box.

"Ahh, this is for your group. BoA-eonni asked me to send this to you guys."

Taemin bobbed his head once. "Then, why didn't you come in?" He dumbly asked.

"Uhh, I can't open the door?" Krystal remarked as a 'duh'. Taemin look at the box again and laughed.

"Sorry, again." He politely take the box from her hand and Krystal opened the door for the both of them to enter.

Once they got in, Taemin put the box beside the couch and turn around to face Krystal. "Done." He said, brushing off both his hand.

"O-kay, I'll be going back then--"

Taemin cuts her, "Hey, hey, hey. You just got here and you're leaving already? That's a rude action towards your sunbaenim, y'know." He faked an angry expression. It just turn out he looks like a mad puppy. "Let's grab a coffee. My treat." He winked.

Krystal's eyes sparkle in excitement, "Oh really? Aren't you busy, oppa?"

Taemin shooked his head, "Nope, that's why I'm asking you. I'm bored."

Krystal chuckled, "Okay then."

...

"I'll have black coffee please."

"Same." Krystal said to the waiter.

Just as when the waiter leaves, Taemin looked at Krystal, "I didn't know you like black coffee too?"

Krystal smiled, "Black coffee is my favourite."

"We have the same taste, aren't we?" Taemin jest and Krystal sweetly giggles at the remark.

"Yea, but Jongin really hates coffee. He said--oh!" Krystal suddenly covered her mouth, her eyes widen in horror. Never she expected that she would accidentally mentioned Kai's name in front of somebody. No wonder, they are always together everytime and everything's in her sight is always be sticked and related to Kai, that's why.

"Krystal, it's okay," cooed Taemin with warmness around him, "You can always tell me everything."

Krystal looked at him with sad eyes and decided to just play along. She knows that she can trust this guy. Since, he's one of Kai's bestfriend.

"H-he said.. coffee tastes like poison," Krystal weakly chuckled, didn't bother with the tears that dwelling in her irises, "A-and he hate it that much," she gritted her teeth to hold back the tears.

"He said that the bitterness in the coffee will took away the sweetness in my smile," her voice was trembling and the tears were flowing on her soft cheeks non-stop yet, she'd still force a fake chuckle. "That was the lamest pickup-line he'd ever tell me yet I still laugh."

She's crying,

...again. And it's because, the past memories.

Taemin stood up from his seat and went to Krystal who's sitting across him on the table. He rounded her in his arms and bury her head in his chest while patting her back, "Shh, please stop. I've heard enough already." He whispered.

Krystal burst into crying more in his embrace. She doesn't care, but right now, she just wanted to be weak. She rememberred every little times she was with Kai and every simple words that Kai told her. It's like a broken cassette that keep rewinding in her head.

"...I miss him." she said, sobbing violently.

-------

[A/N]; im very excited for exo's comeback (plus, my birthday!) 😍 & their concept is; devil???¿?