Part 27

We were out by the pond again, and all I could think about was sleep. We had been at it for hours, and there was still nothing. Jamie sat patently on a rock next to Corey as they chatted and every so often I'd catch him smiling before Keyon tried some other stupid tactic to get me to shift.

"Can we just take a little break please?" I finally asked.

Keyon rolled his eyes just like the last time, and I really thought he was going to refuse like the last what felt like a million times. "5 minutes." he mumbled, "And I swear if you ask one more time after this I'll keep you out here all night."

I nodded and quickly jogged over to Jamie. He instantly wrapped his arms around me and pressed his lips to mine. "Sorry you're having such a hard time with this." He whispered as he pulled away.

I watched as he moved over to give me room, but that was the last thing I wanted. Right now I needed to feel him against me. I smiled at the gesture though, only to pick him up a second later. He whined a little but calmed quickly after I sat down and set him down on top of me. He leaned back into my chest and for I just felt so peaceful.

I leaned down and buried my face against his neck, he smelt so nice. "I miss you." I mumbled against his skin.

"I miss you too." He whispered. He wiggled around a little trying to get comfortable, but the more he wiggled the more uncomfortable it became for me. I quickly grabbed his hips and held him still only to have him glare back at me. "I'm trying to find a good position."

"I'm trying to not be hard." I told him and watched as his face reddened but he immediately mumbled out an apology as he relaxed. "Thank you." He just nodded, and I watched as his eyes traveled to Keyon, who was currently talking to Alpha.

"What do you think they're talking about?" He asked softly but I could only shrug.

"Hopefully Alpha's telling him to call it a day, and we" I pulled him even closer against me, "can go to bed."

"I slept all of yesterday baby," He told me "I'm not tired."

I laughed softly and kissed his neck. "I said bed, not sleep." His face instantly flushed and I could hear Corey laughing beside us.

Seconds later Keyon appeared in front of us, with an almost evil look on his face. "Breaks over." He growled out before grabbing hold of Jamie's arm and ripping him off of me.

I could feel anger boiling up inside me as Jamie screamed out in pain, I stood up just as Keyon threw him to the side. I reached out to grab him but Keyon grabbed my arms and twisted them behind my back just in time for Jamie's face to hit the ground.

"Dude!" Corey yelled jumping up from his spot. "What the fuck?" He tried to help Jamie, only for Keyon to growl and with magic keep him in his place. I growled out as I tried to get away but his hold on me only tightened.

"We're gonna make you shift even if it kills him." Keyon whispered darkly into my ear before leaning forward and kicking Jamie in the stomach. At that point I saw red. Everything felt fuzzy and I didn't know what was going on. I just knew Jamie needed me right now, and I needed to stop Keyon. Then all of a sudden, the entire world went from red, to black.

*Jamie's PoV*

I laid on the ground holding my stomach, and even through the pain, all I could focus on was the sounds coming from Austin. Some of it sounded human, and some of it sounded animalistic. Both parts though sounded both equally pissed off and in pain. It was coming out in wails and growls.

Keyon let go and tossed him to the ground near me before grabbing my arm again and rolling me over onto my back. He straddled me at the hips and the I watched helplessly as he brought his hands to my neck. I let out a single whimper before I saw a streak of gray, and he was off of me. All the pain I felt seconds ago vanished. I quickly sat up and saw Keyon on the ground a few feet away from me, with a gray wolf snapping above him. From the looks of it the wolf had already torn into his arm pretty bad.

"Austin!" I yelled out without even thinking. The wolf continued to growl but his eyes flickered to me for a moment. "Austin." I repeated more sternly as I inched towards the gray wolf that until now I had only seen while looking at my back in a mirror.

He growled louder down at Keyon who threw his hands up to cover his face just in time for Austin to latch down on his arm, which would have been his throat. I lunged forward closing the distance between us and wrapped my arms around the wolfs neck.

"It's okay baby," I whispered softly. "I'm fine. Let him go." I repeated it over and over until his grip on Keyon loosened and he completely moved away from him and into my grasp.

His head rested on my shoulder for a moment before he growled lowly and pulled away and immediately started checking over my body to make sure I was okay. When he was happy with his inspection he sat up and licked my cheek only to let his head return to resting on my shoulder.

"Come back to me Austin." I mumbled softly, and almost instantly I went from holding wolf Austin, to human Austin. He was of course naked, and shaking harder than I had ever seen anyone shake. Alpha was now standing over us looking shocked.

"I told you." Keyon said sitting up and wiping blood off of himself, I noticed the wounds were completely gone. "He's the key."