Part 6

"Why'd you make Travis leave?" I asked still standing in front of my closet.

They both shifted awkwardly before Alpha finally answered, "We needed to talk to you and see the full extent of your emotion. We can't do that with him in the room."

I cocked my head to the side and stared for a moment. "Travis thinks that's a bad idea?" It was more of a statement than a question. They both nodded. "Why?" Both their faces reddened at the question and they exchanged glances.

"He feels like we've been to trying on your emotions, and that any more will cause more damage than he can fix." Alpha said, and instantly I felt sick again. This really was just a stupid game to them. They were okay stretching out my emotions even if it meant hurting me more than I could handle. "But we think he's wrong." He continued ignoring my discomfort with this conversation. "You're a lot stronger than you once were, and we think it's because of Austin."

I stared at him for a moment before letting my eyes rest on the ground. "I'm not doing this." I whispered and moved towards the door only to have my dad stand up and grab my arm, and spin me back towards them.

"Listen." He said calmly before moving me so I was sitting on the bed with him in my computer chair across from me. "I'm your father, he's your uncle, we both love you very much James. We want to see you be the best that you can be. We think that tonight was a sign that Austin makes you the best you that you can be."

"Or," I said looking back at him, "it's a combination of the fact you threw me on the spot about a touchy subject, and I'm about to go into heat and can't control my mood swings."

They glanced between each other then at me and Alpha slowly shook his head. "You're not starting for another week, you're on the same cycle as-"

"Ask the thirds." I cut him off. "It's a thing." I looked between the two of them and realized this changed whatever they were gonna say. "Can you please leave my room now?" I finished quietly. They glanced at each other and nodded before standing up and walking away.

Before they even made it fully out the door Austin appeared in the doorway. They both stepped out of his way and let him through before leaving my room and shutting the door behind them. I could see the worry written all over Austin's face as he crossed the room and sat down next to me. I could practically hear him asking if I was okay before he even opened his mouth and quickly shook my head.

He leaned over and wrapped his arms around me tighter than he ever had. Just like that, not a single word was said, he just laid back and let me curl up against him. I felt him start tracing small circles on my back and just with every second I was falling more and more in love with him.

"Hey Austin," I whispered and felt him shift a little to look down at me better. "Will you sleep in here tonight?" It was kinda weird hearing myself ask that. I never thought I would have the courage to do it, but here I was letting the words fall out of my mouth. I just couldn't handle the thought of him getting up and leaving me for the couch.

"We can sleep just like this if you want Jamie." He said softly and I just nodded against him. "First though, we're getting up and we're gonna get some food in your system, because you've only had yogurt today and that's not okay." I nodded and shifted to get up but he pulled me back down. "We can get up when you've calmed down a bit more. You started crying while you were talking up there and it scared the shit out of me honestly."

I hadn't even realized it had started that early, that's pretty embarrassing. I nodded softy again and felt his grip around me tighten, and even though part of me still wanted to break down, a large part of me was in heaven. My mate was holding me, and whispering about how much he was worried about me. Austin really cared.

We must have laid there for an hour before he finally insisted on getting up and getting food in my system. It was weird watching him make his way around the kitchen as if he knew it like the back of his hand. It took a little while but eventually I was staring at a plate of pancakes drowned in syrup with strawberries and whip cream on top. We didn't even talk as I ate; he just watched and smiled as if making me food was his biggest accomplishment. When I finished we did the dishes together, and then headed back to my room, and everything for once felt perfect.

"Can we watch Dead Silence tonight?" He asked as he fell back onto my bed and grabbed the remote. I bit my lip softly as I sat down next to him, he knew how much movies could freak me out, and though it wasn't all that scary, it was pretty creepy. "We don't have to, I just really love it."

I thought about it for another moment before asking "Will you hold me?"

He laughed a little and pulled me down onto his chest. "Jamie, I promised to sleep like this, if you think for a second I wouldn't watch a movie in the same position, you're wrong." I smiled softly at that and watched as the movie started, but I couldn't focus on it, all I could focus on was the sound of Austin's heartbeat.

This was a feeling I could get used to; I hadn't ever felt so warm, and so safe. I wonder if he'd always be okay lying like this or if it was just because I had had a bad day and he knows this helps. This whole situation just made me wanna tell him, but I couldn't handle that right now, not after everything that's happened today.

I'm not sure when exactly I fell asleep, but eventually I did. To the sound of his heart beating just under my ear, and the stupid movie he was watching. But that didn't bother me, because even though I would normally be jumping out of my skin, his scent made me feel at peace. For the first time in what felt like forever, I slept soundly throughout the entire night, and all night I slept in the arms of my mate for the very first time.