Ch. 69

I get to the hotel and realize that I have no money on me. In fact, I'm not allowed to have money on me because Joe thinks that I would buy a fucking plane ticket or something. I tell the driver that it will be charged to my tab and then I let the man working outside deal with it. I was not in the mood to be caught up in all of this. I needed to clear my head and chill. I walked inside and got into an elevator. As soon as the doors were about to close someone yelled: "hold it please!"

I stuck my hand between the doors and a couple walked in. The girl had beautiful curly blond- golden hair and her body was so perfect. She had curved in all the right places. Her boyfriend was so tall. He had brown hair and you could tell that he worked out.

I offered a weak smile and tried to avoid eye contact. My head was starting to hurt.

"Thank you for holding it." The girl says.

"Oh it was no problem. What floor are you going to?"

"3."

I press the 3 and we start to move, then I press the 12 for me.

"You here on vacation?" She asks me.

"Uhh yeah I guess."

"We're on our honeymoon."

"Aww congratulations." I tell them, they look like the sweetest couple.

We get to their floor and they both get off with a wave. When the doors close I sink back against the wall, I'm so tired and hurt I just want to lay down and never get back up. Why can't my life be as perfect as the girl in the elevator? She looked so beautiful and her life looked so well put together. Why did this have to happen to me??

I get off at my floor and walk down the hall. I want to crawl because my ankle hurts so bad. I finally make it to my room and realize that I don't have a fucking key.

"For fucks sake!" I begin to rapidly dig through my jacket pockets in the hope of finding the key magically. My hand grabs a thin plastic card. AND THANKFULLY PRAISE THE LORD THE KEY WAS THERE! I must have put it in my pocket because Joe usually forgets.

Finally something good has happened to me today.