Ch. 53

[kaedan's POV]

Someone is in my room.
I can hear someone walking around or something.

I open my eyes and the blinds are open. Ugh it's so bright.

I look around the room and see Niomi getting some clothes out of her suitcase. Her face is red.

"What happened to you?" I ask her.

"I go to the gym every morning." She smiled at me before going into the bathroom to change.

Ugh I don't want to get up, I have a massive headache. But I am very hungry for some reason. I dread having to see Joe or Caspar at breakfast, but this trip is supposed to go on for 2 weeks so I'm going to have to interact with them at some point.

The worst part is, I feel like I need to apologize to Joe. I have no idea why, I just feel a deep urge to tell him I'm sorry. It confuses me and angers me at the same time because I did nothing to him, so I shouldn't be apologizing, but I know that I will feel better if I do. So I climb out of bed and put on some clothes.

"Niomi what are we doing today?"

"Tubing I think." She replies with a toothbrush in her mouth.

Oh that's right, Zoe told me that yesterday.

"Um, Kaedan, if you don't mind, I'm going to go back to my room now because all of my makeup is there."

"Yeah that's fine, thank you for staying the night."

"No problem and if you need anything else, I'm just a few rooms down."

"Okay thank you." 

Niomi tales her bags and leaves the room. The door clicks shut behind her. I put on my pants, long sleeve shirt and all of my jackets. I don't put my boots on yet because they're so hot. I quickly brush my teeth and hair and then apply some quick makeup. I'm all ready but I have no idea when we are meeting for breakfast. I'm about to walk to Zoe's room to ask her when my room phone rings. I pick up and it's Alfie.

"Hey Kaedan, it's alfie. Zoe asked me to call and tell you that we are meeting downstairs in 15 minutes for breakfast."

"Okay thanks."

"Um, and how are you holding up? If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm good now Alfie, thank you for helping me."

"Yeah well you really scared us."

"Yeah, sorry."

"Okay well I'll see you downstairs then."

"Okay." I say before hanging up and flopping down on the bed. Since I'm already in my jackets I go and sit on the balcony. There is a fresh few inches of snow on the ground and it feels so nice just to sit and relax. I close my eyes and just let myself relax. After a few minutes I thought I heard a knock at the front door, but then I realized it was just a snow plow on the roads below.

[Joe's POV]

I can't take it anymore. I need to see her. I throw on my shoes and get out of the room. Marcus is brushing his teeth and Niomi just got back. I rush out of the room and into the quiet hallway. I have no idea how to approach this situation. Maybe I should pretend to be room service so that she'll actually open the door. No that's stupid. I should just tell her that I'm sorry and I need my toothbrush. I actually don't but I just want to see her.

I walk up to her door and pause. For some reason I'm very nervous. I raise my fist to the door and knock.

No response.

I knock again.

Still no response.

Great she's still ignoring me.