Chapter 16 - Clarity

-3rd Person-

Kol entered the empty Mikaelson mansion with a unconscious  Bethany.

"Niklaus?!" he called but there was no response  he rolled his eyes and took his best friend upstairs. Opening the door to her own room, he walked in, and place her on the bed. He grabbed his phone knowing he couldn't stay and look after her because he had some pressing business she would understand.

"Kol what can I do for you."

"I need you to come back and look after you're niece we had a run in with a protective witch. I can't look after her because I have pressing matters to attend to" he heard his brother let out a long breath"

"okay I'm on my way back. Watching the little hunter trying to kill vampires for his hunters mark is getting boring anyway." he hung up, Thanks to his brother he knew where they were. Beth had told him about a lake house and where it was in passing one time so that is where he would head. Calling his sister he closed the door to the room behind him.

"Bekah, Beth is at the mansion and needs changing don't think she'll take to kindly to me doing it. Oh and Niklaus is on his way home to look after her"

"fine I'll come and change her." she hung up. he was the little informer wasn't he as he called his last brother.

"Kol to what to I owe the unfortunate pleasure."

"well brother I suggest you move your arse to the mansion. Bethany had a little run in with the locals and then some. She is currently unconscious and our siblings are going to look after her"

"I'm on my way." he hung up. Sighing Kol left to create some trouble.

------------------------

Nik arrived home and ran upstairs to Bethany's room she was now under the covers and changed there was a note on her table. Tow in fact one was for her and one for him

Brother I took care of her before you go back. Oh and I'm awake....hi  ~ Rebekah

he took a deep breath this wasn't going to end well for him. he sat down next to his niece and remembered the last time he spoke to her

---flashback-----

HIs phone started ringing while he was painting. Ready to snap at anyone who dared interrupt him knowing or not what he was doing. That was until the familiar name came up with a picture.

Bethany

He picture was of coming out of her house they day of the Winter wonderland. She had just hid the sword and was dressed like royalty.

"Bethany" he answered

"Hi Nik" he heard her raspy voice. The only guilt he ever felt at that moment wasn't for killing Carol Lockwood someone who was a friend to him. But upsetting Bethany, he had a soft spot for Jameson doppelgangers. even more so now he knew they were distantly related. He cleared his throat.

"How are you?" he asked

"okay. I have something I want to ask you."

"go ahead"

"I've been questioning my loyalties and the answers I'm going to get I think might help that so I need you to be completely truthful to me. No lies, no secret agendas just complete truth"

"okay" he agreed. If she asked he would do.

"do you care about me for me and not because I'm a Jameson doppelganger?"

"yes, you're my only friend even after I've done so much to you."

"okay, there is a burning building set off by hunters it has me and Caroline in it. you only have one time to save one of us who would you save first?"

"you" he answered straight away not even thinking cause if he did then all might go to hell. It was true what he said, He may fancy the pants off Caroline and want her to be his but Bethany was family whether she was blood or not and that was something that couldn't just go away.

"really"

"yes, you're family either way. I may fancy your sister but I would save you just like all of us would." he replied

"Are you sorry about killing Carol"

"In a way I am. It made you upset something I never set out to do."

"You know when I said the best way to get to Tyler is through family, I didn't expect for you to kill her. Hurt her maybe things that me or Tyler could heal but kill." she sniffled

"I am sorry Bethany"

"wow the great and dangerous Klaus says sorry" she jokes, he chuckles

"only you, not even my siblings can get me to say it." she snickered

"I'll take that as a complement. Look me and Kol are going to feed i'll talk to you later"

"okay bye"

-----flashback ends-----

He sighed and brushed a lock of hair away he didn't know how but it felt like something had happened between talking to her and her laying her like Sleeping Beauty. Standing up he went down stairs to paint having new inspiration.